Are you a licensed veterinarian?
Do you have 5 years' of experience in laboratory animal science and are you looking for a new challenge?
How about a position as Animal welfare officer in a pharmaceutical biotech company?At Covance, we have been working on preclinical studies at our Münster site for 35 years.
For us, the respectful treatment and protection of the animals we work with is our top priority.
For this reason we are looking for an animal welfare officer who has a passion for working in the field of laboratory animal science.If you are interested in ensuring that Covance continues to work on the 50 best-selling drugs on the market, join us today!
Some key responsbilities include:
- Influence animal welfare strategy, provide input in the development of global animal welfare policies and ensure their effective implementation.
- Develop a coordinated and integrated risk management framework by working closely with the Global Animal Welfare and Compliance Officer, Operations, AWVS, Quality Assurance and other relevant internal stakeholders.
- Develop and lead the implementation of regulatory processes including severity assessment in region of responsibility and contribute to global process harmonization by working in partnership with the global Animal Welfare and Compliance Officer and other internal stakeholders.
- Conduct independent reviews of animal welfare performance and develop enhancement plans in partnership with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Escalate significant risks and issues to the Establishment Licence Holder (Named Person Responsible for Compliance)/Institutional Official.
- Monitor regulatory developments pertaining to animal welfare, communicate changes with relevant stakeholders, advise the Establishment Licence Holder (Named Person Responsible for Compliance)/Institutional Official on change management and ensure its effective implementation.
- Keep abreast of innovation in the 3Rs and ensure knowledge sharing with animal care and use ethics committees and other relevant internal stakeholders.
At Covance by Labcorp, we think long-term, which is why we are hiring you for this position on a permanent basis. We want to incorporate our employees into our team on a permanent basis. In order to achieve this goal, we provide our employees with good training opportunities. In addition, we offer a salary in line with the market that takes your individual qualifications and professional experience into account and, of course, you also receive attractive social benefits. What sets us apart is the close cooperation between the various departments, which is shaped by the diversity of our employees and the appreciation among each other and at company level.
- Graduate of AVMA/RCVS accredited preferred or
- EAEVE accredited/approved veterinary school or equivalent
- Veternary license required
- Minimum of 5 years of laboratory animal veterinary experience including several years in a compliance or management role, or 15 years in laboratory animal science including several years in a quality/compliance role.
- Experienced in the development of policies and standards in animal care and have working knowledge of the regulatory environment in the relevant country as well as AAALAC accreditation.
- Some Matrix or line management experience preferred
Apply on company website