Labcorp is hiring an Attorney to join our dynamic team! Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your extraordinary potential. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Attorney with at least 5+ years of healthcare experience with knowledge of applicable laws and regulations and the ability to provide a broad range of legal support for laboratory business and operations. This will include the preparation and negotiation of complex contracts, arrangements and transaction documents with client and strategic partners as well as guidance to company business leaders and corporate support areas. Excellent analytical, decision-making and communication skills required. Candidate must have health care law experience. Experience in the following areas will be considered a plus: managed care and value based care; mergers and acquisitions; drafting and negotiate a broad range of clinical laboratory agreements with physicians, physician owned laboratories and hospitals including, but not limited to, technical support arrangements, cooperative testing agreements, and laboratory management agreements; and regulatory framework for reference clinical laboratory industry including, but not limited to, HIPAA, Data Privacy, Anti-Kickback, Stark and FDA matters. Candidates with less than 5 years healthcare experience will be considered if they have significant experience specifically in the reference clinical laboratory industry.
The successful candidate will:
Assist in corporate legal matters, draws up legal documents, provides manager's legal counsel regarding rights and responsibilities, and may practice various phases of law. Gathers evidence and information for management decision making through research and interviews with employees and outside parties in preparation of legal documents and strategy.
RequirementsLicense/Certification/Education: A Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an ABA-accredited law school is required.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of overall experience (law firm or in-house)
- Admission to a US State Bar
- Solid working knowledge of other laws, regulations, and industry standards that affect the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products
- Team player with excellent judgment and interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to constructively counsel and influence clients in making the right decisions
- Capacity to simultaneously handle a variety of complex legal matters with minimal guidance
- Demonstrable experience taking ownership of issues and providing practical advice
- Ability to prioritize and undertake mission critical tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with cross-cultural communications a plus
- Experience in the clinical research industry or a healthcare services field is helpful
- Language capabilities in addition to English are valued
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Exceptional organizational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Strong Proficiency in Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook
- Flexibility in responding to job demands
- A collaborative and persuasive personality able to influence executives and non-executives
- Able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers and at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex legal issues and solutions clearly and succinctly
- Highly detail-oriented
- Self-starter capable of identifying challenges, responding to issues, and implementing effective solutions with limited supervision
- Exceptional judgment in identifying risks, developing solutions, and implementing successful strategies to mitigate risk while achieving the organization's commercial goals
- Practical, creative, results-oriented thinking style with demonstrated ability to understand issues from both the legal and business perspective
- Growth-minded mentality with demonstrated ability to rapidly absorb and internalize new information and processes
Apply on company website