At Covance by Labcorp, you can make a difference by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world.
Our commitment to this mission has resulted in Covance's impressive history of company stability and growth. We've achieved these results by fostering a work environment that encourages, develops and leverages our team's capabilities.
Covance by Labcorp's ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities. There's no better time to join us!
The Director, Business Development for Korea will report directly to the Executive Director of Global Sales, and a dotted line to Head of Asia Pacific. He/she will be based in Korea and strategically drive global accounts management as well as regional new accounts cultivation. Importantly, he/she has to focus company resources on stratifying accounts to invest in, develop further, or not to concentrate in, in order to spear sustainable profitable growth with close partnerships with desired clients. He/she is accountable for selling the services of all Covance by Labcorp businesses.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development of annual sales plan in support of organisational strategy and objectives
- Directing the implementation and execution of sales policies and practices
- Ensuring communications are coordinated, supporting sales plan objectives and meeting organisational expenditure requirements in conjunction with Business Development Operations
- Recommending and implementing sales strategies for improvement based upon market research and competitor analyses
- Coordinating capability presentations and ensuring consistency of sales activities
- Motivating, managing, training and developing sales staff.
- Management of Sales Operations administrative issues (e.g. Departmental budget, Sales incentive plan, monthly and quarterly sales meetings)
The desired candidate must have strong demonstrated experience and apt at doing business in Korea. Commercially minded, the person must be energetic to assist in driving sales. This include focusing on client prospects and channeling focus on key accounts development to maximize company resources.
At Covance by Labcorp, you can make a difference, not only by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world, but also by helping us become a great company - one that delights our clients with the broadest and best service portfolio in our industry, energizes our people with a stimulating environment and provides continual training and development opportunities throughout our employees career.Education/Qualifications:
Required: University/College Degree in Business Administration, Sales/Marketing, or related field
Preferred: Masters or other advanced degree
- Minimum 6-8 years of directly related experience, including supervisory experience in sales operations
- Strong executive management leadership skills in either a pharmaceutical or CRO setting in a global, multi-office environment
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix
- Demonstrated ability to effectively function as a member of a senior global clinical leadership team
- Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to influence sales decisions
- Problem analysis and resolution at both strategic and operational level
- Technical skills in sales planning
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent oral/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Proven ability to understand and communicate corporate policies
Apply on company website