The Head of Global Event Management serves as a key part of the Marketing organization within Labcorp, working with across the marketing team and greater Commercial team and reporting into Integrated Marketing Lead, Segments.
This position focuses on delivering the Labcorp brand experience through events such as industry tradeshows and symposia, proprietary events and virtual/ hybrid events. The ideal candidate will have experience creating a global event strategy that aligns with a firm's key strategic initiatives and drives business impact. The role will collaborate closely with the full marketing team to integrate events into product marketing strategies and will include event planning, promotion and impact measurement.
The Head of Events will have experience managing a team and will provide day-to-day departmental leadership for a team of 4- 5 professionals.
- Provide leadership for the in-house events team. Work with Marketing leadership for the business areas, business owners and scientific leaders to create, recommend, publish and manage a calendar of key conferences (in person, hybrid and virtual) and proprietary events that align to company identified therapeutic, functional, and geographic goals. Attend scientific meetings, trade shows and symposia to compare competitor messaging, communications vehicles and speak with clients to better understand their needs.
- Provide leadership contributions related to design of brand experiences and event spaces as well as promotional recommendations (pre/post event communications). Ensure that the brand experience translates in a virtual world. Manage internal staff and external vendors to bring the Labcorp brand to clients in a manner that advances our brand and perceptions of our leadership.
- Drive department metrics including tracking promotional delivery and other metrics for event impact, online experience impact, and executional ROI, helping to establish best practices, improved value delivery, and data-driven leadership decisions.
- Administer staff performance management. Responsible for staff development, recruitment and promotion, and succession planning. Ensure that staff have appropriate direction, training and resources to complete assignments.
- Develop optimal outsourcing strategies to meet timelines and budgets and manage external vendors and contractors as appropriate. Assess resource needs, skills, and capacity. Identify / negotiate with vendors to fill skill/capacity gaps
- Acts as a key leader and voice in interpreting brand into graphic treatments and dimensional designs that deliver desired brand impact at events.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Event Management, Business, or Marketing preferred
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- 8-10 years of event management experience (agency or corporate setting preferred)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with constant deadlines
- Ability to work with a wide range of people, including colleagues and vendors.
- Strong analytical and reporting strengths
Apply on company website