Do you have a Chemistry or Biochemistry degree?
Have you got experience using Chromatography?
Are you looking for a role that will offer you continuous training and tailor made career development within a scientific environment?
At Covance by Labcorp, we are working together to build a healthier and safer world, we exist to help our customers secure the potential of their research and develop products that enhance and enrich life. We are looking for a Laboratory Analyst to undertake analysis of formulation and inhalation samples at our site in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
As a Laboratory Analyst at Covance by Labcorp your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop or improve existing analytical methodology under the guidance of senior Dose Formulation Analysis personnel.
- Develop a working knowledge of all Formulation & Inhalation Analysis analytical techniques and instrumentation.
- Undertake method validation, analyse samples for Formulation & Inhalation Analysis studies and prepare formal analytical methods.
- Regularly update Dose Formulation Analysis study management and the Study Director on the status of assigned studies.
- Prepare draft reports for assigned studies.
- Develop an understanding of the duties and role of a Study Director
- Assist in the training of new staff in analytical techniques and instrumentation.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of UK and international Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations and their application to the work area.
- Maintain an in depth knowledge and understanding of all Company and Department SOP's relevant to the work area.
- Covance by Labcorp offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health cover and contributory pension.
- Covance by Labcorp's ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
- We will support your professional development every step of the way!
- BSc (Hons) in Biochemistry or Chemistry only.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software programs.
- GLP experience or knowledge.
- Some technical experience in chromatographic techniques eg. HPLC would be useful.
Apply on company website