The 2nd Shift Manager of Kit Production is responsible for ensuring that specimen collection kits for global clinical trials are assembled and shipped to Investigator sites on a timely basis with appropriate audit trail for kitting and shipping as well as lot number and expiration date tracking. Oversees investigator manual printing & assembly, collating, pre‑assembly, assembly and shipping in order to make sure all areas are functioning and that they enable work flow. Also oversees hardware and software maintenance and upgrading to the automated line. Leads special projects as needed. The manager plays key role ensuring that client needs and expectations are understood, communicated and met.
- Provide day-to-day management support to the team
- Forecast daily production requirements to ensure proper staffing of department and direction of kit production.
- Research, develop and implement processes to improve departmental quality and productivity, reduce scrap and rework, eliminate stock-outs, and reduce time and cost of delivery to sites.
- Act as a resource and liaison to other departments within company as it relates to production.
- Provide quantifiable data for other departments w on a monthly basis.
- Supervises Production staff:
- Directs the staff to reduce errors and maintain attendance records according to Covance policy.
- Completes and administers performance evaluations and Progressive Corrective Action as needed.
- Interviews, hires and ensures training of new employees.
- Coaches Team Leaders and Line Maintenance Technicians to develop good decision making skills related to maximizing personnel and other resources to achieve production goals.
- Collects and analyzes information regarding department performance to identify (through others and self) ways to improve processes and maximize production.
- By example and through discussions, develop Team Leaders to coach partners for improved performance using the company's Interaction Management approach.
- Assists Team Leaders to improve their training processes and methods of teaching new job specific skills for different types of learners.
- Guides Team Leaders and sometimes personally handles conflict situations between staff.
- Discovers “best practices” for handling conflict and creates consistent approaches among Team Leaders.
- Develops Team Leaders' skill in determining when to move from a coaching approach to disciplinary process. Ensure Team Leaders understand company policy and procedures on progressive disciplinary action. Guides Team Leaders in application of progressive disciplinary process.
- Provides input into strategic planning process.
- Prepares and presents data analysis for shift activities.
- Develops, maintains and updates department procedures and training.
- Provides Director of Operations with monthly reports for department.
- Maintain high level of safety awareness, observing universal precautions, and preserving orderly departmental appearance.
- Instills and manages a culture of continuous improvements, quality and productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two-year degree in related field or equivalent experience in management and or production. Four-year degree is strongly preferred.
- Two-year degree in related field or equivalent experience in management and or production.
- 3 years supervision experience. Supervisory experience must include experience in an employee-empowered production environment. Experience with high quality standards and methods required (ISO9000, APQP, Deming are examples).
- 3-5 years of experience in automated production involving complex product assembly on complex materials assembly and handling hardware in a complex software environment.
- Process improvement
Apply on company website