Our Story: Covance is now part of LabCorp. LabCorp, an S&P 500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported net revenues of over $10 billion in 2017.
Our Mission: To improve health and improve lives
Our Vision: To strive for operational and service excellence through a relentless focus on People, Process and Clients.
About the Team:
The Proposal Management department is responsible for providing the client, in great detail, about the services that Covance can offer in the format of proposals.
We are recruiting for a Proposal Manager II within our oncology team focusing on larger key accounts.
The ideal candidate would have budget and text experience within proposals.
- Owner of all aspects of the appropriate proposal process (text, quote, budget) for assigned/accountable opportunities (inclusive of managing opportunities autonomously, establishing clear timelines, meeting client requirement, escalating obstacles)
- May (based on business unit expectation) be responsible for managing opportunities of medium to high complexity
- May (based on business unit expectation) assist or be accountable for assigned team workload management
- May (based on business unit expectation) triage and assign new inquiries as needed
- May (based on business unit expectation) perform line management of assigned team members under the supervision of a Manager or above
- May (based on business unit expectation) executes supervisory duties for assigned staff including work scheduling, performance evaluation activities, career development and preparation of training plans, where applicable with support of a Manager or above
- Review and analyze RFP documents to ensure adequate information for budget and proposal preparation is provided. Follow up with appropriate contact for additional information as required.
- Identifies and resolves issues around client inquiry requirements and Covance capabilities
- Organization and management of applicable strategic and operational calls related to the opportunity
- Works across the organization in matrix environment to lead the process and complete deliverables
- Liaise with third party vendors/vendor managers for provision of quotations where required.
- Preparation of high quality and accurate documents in accordance with agreed strategy and Sponsor expectations under the pressure of changing timelines
- Responsible for facilitating internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. pricing, process, resources, timelines, etc.)
- Accountable for timely delivery of assigned deliverables
- Performs timely and accurate data entry into corporate databases as appropriate
- May (based on business unit expectation) support client-facing and senior management-facing activities surrounding assigned opportunities as needed, including supporting preparation, attendance, or leading applicable preparation and meetings
- Maintains appropriate knowledge of the technical and regulatory environments
- Identifies and drives ways to improve the efficiency and quality of processes and the resulting deliverables, influencing key stakeholders as applicable
- May (based on business unit expectation) contribute to assigned client relationship improvement activities and implementation
- Provides training and guidance to new or less experienced staff on all aspects of position requirements
- Performs quality control activities per the appropriate process/requirements as indicated
- May (based on business unit expectation) lead sales-focused inbound client visits
- May (based on business unit expectation) require scientific and/or technical knowledge to support client, lab, and/or operations questions/collaboration
- Complete other appropriate duties, as assigned by the manager, which require similar skills in accordance with business needs and common sense.
Bachelor's degree required in related field or equivalent work experienceExperience:
Minimum 6 years
- Applicable minimum years of experience in budget and text development, or scientific/technical expertise, or an equivalent combination of education and CRO/Pharma/Other related experience to successfully perform the essential job duties
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
- Demonstrated computer skills – requires excellent MS Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Knowledge of other software applications (i.e. SFDC) preferred
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with clients and Covance senior management
- Positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Possesses a general knowledge of and ability to work across Covance BU lines preferred
- Ability to provide limited team management activities
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours as needed to meet the client's proposal deadline.
Apply on company website