Do you have experience of Client Study Management and looking for your next opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team?
Are you interested in developing your career with management responsibility?
Do you want to be a part of the world's leading drug development company?
Our largest UK site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a QC Scientist/Study Manager/Director to join the CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing Controls) division and will be responsible for the managing of batch testing, release testing, sample analysis, stability, assay development, assay establishment or validation/transfers with monoclonal antibodies. This role is looking for previous experience with qPCR and DNA extraction.
Labcorp Drug Devlopment has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today. Chances are, you or someone you know has benefitted from a medicine or medical device that Labcorp Drug Development helped develop.
What Labcorp Drug Development can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory pension
- Unrivalled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry, utilizing multiple analytical techniques
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities, with the ability to develop your management skills
- Ability to work with a variety of different clients on wide ranging projects
- Opportunity to work in a rapidly expanding and leading edge field
Job responsibilities include:
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) or Principal Investigator within BioCMC with knowledge of standard and non-standard study designs and the ability to draw scientific conclusions
- Working method knowledge e.g. instruments used within the laboratories and ability to make decisions on assay results, suggest assay/technique advancements/improvements to the client, and follow through with the client as necessary
- Assist in the preparation/review of training modules in areas of expertise and mentors and develops others in the group
- In-depth knowledge of study process from award to finalisation archiving and amendments to final reports and to write and review Analytical Procedures, Policies, SOPs and Guides where appropriate.
- Employ effective general management, communication and interpersonal skills to work within the project teams, with the Client and other project stake-holders e.g. supporting functions at Labcorp Drug Development
- Participate in client regulatory audits and perform revenue recognition where required
- Responsible for on-time delivery of data, project documents, and quality documents
Relocation assistance may be available for this role
- Join a supportive, diverse community of hard-working people who push new boundaries
- Expand your expertise and open the door to many advancement opportunities within our global organization
- Get ready to transform healthcare and change lives around the world
- The post holder should ideally have a relevant degree along with industry experience
- Technical expertise in at least one of the following scientific disciplines - eg qPCR, DNA extraction within Microbiology or Gene Therapy
- Experience in similar types of study management and client management
- An in-depth understanding of health and safety policies and a good understanding of GMP/GLP/GCP and an up to date knowledge of regulatory guidelines
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels with internal employees and external clients, with the ability to get things done by influencing others
- Commercial awareness, interpersonal and negotiating skills and able to learn and maintain knowledge of process excellence processes
- Commercial awareness, interpersonal and negotiating skills
Apply on company website