Senior Manager, Medical Device & Diagnostics
Global Project Leadership Team
(Project Management Line Manager)
Remote in the United States or Canada
The Senior Manager is responsible for the line management and talent development of assigned Project Managers with an emphasis on developing and improving consistent project management excellence ensuring successful execution of all project deliverables. The Senior Manager collaborates and supports the Global Project Delivery function to establish project management standards and ensures they are followed by performing regular assessments of the Project Managers performance on the oversight of projects.
Line Management Delivery
- Supports effective organizational infrastructures, support systems, accountabilities, and processes to enable assigned project leaders to deploy project management excellence in delivering projects across the region.
- Supports and facilitates a learning organization.
- Ensures that assigned staff understand and perform according to defined performance and process standards.
- Uses established metrics and reporting dashboards to assess resourcing and staff performance for assigned staff, inc performance ratings and talent review.
- Supports a culture of project management excellence in which project leaders are effective and have a deep understanding of their role and responsibility in ensuring project success for the TA and their clients across the region.
- Supports effective collaboration with the TA leadership, as key customers.
- Supports the development and implementation of consistent project tools, templates and reports that deliver informative performance metrics and other critical information to stakeholders.
- Ensures consistency in the management of assigned project staff.
- Provides line management and technical support to assigned project leaders.
- Assesses project management competencies for assigned staff in order to create developmental plans that will increase competencies and close performance gaps so as to differentiate project performance by project leaders at Covance by Labcorp.
- Implements and enables processes for consistent issue escalation and resolution.
- Enables TA delivery and growth objectives through the training, allocation and ongoing mentorship/development of experienced project leaders.
- Drives a disciplined and consistent approach to planning, executing and learning from projects and applies quality management principles.
- Line management responsibilities for the training, development and performance review of assigned staff.
- Supports Global Project Delivery leaders to ensure consistent project management methodology, metrics, and performance standards.
- Ensures allocated resources are aligned with current and forecasted work in terms of capability, quantity, timing, and efficiency.
- Attracts, selects, on-boards, develops and retains high performing talent; strengthens and deepens talent bench and succession.
- Contributes to development and delivery of TA specific & program-specific training.
- Maximizes billable utilization; ensuring they are aligned with current and forecasted work in terms of capability, quantity, timing, department and company strategy and efficiency.
- Drives the assignment of staff to understand and perform consistently according to defined operational, financial, and quality performance and process standards.
- Leads operational, financial, and quality delivery - encompassing consistent quality while mitigating risk and assuring patient safety, data integrity and GCP compliance.
- Contribution to business development strategies and helping to identify key winning factors as per the Client.
- Partners to help drive the TA commercial, operational, medical and scientific leadership and direction, leveraging expertise from other functions as required.
- Support the project teams and Delivery Directors with any client escalations as needed.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Advanced degree, PhD and/or MBA.
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant clinical research experience in a pharmaceutical company/CRO, including at least two (2) years of full project management responsibility.
- 1 or more years' global project leadership and line management experience, ideally in a complex, virtual and matrix environment leading large multi-functional teams.
- Working knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs.
- Advanced computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Access and Power Point).
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix system.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions independently.
- Excellent knowledge of project management processes.
- Advanced financial understanding and ability to actively utilize financial tracking systems.
- Excellent planning, organizational and change management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix environment.
- Effective manager in a matrix organization and demonstrates ability to influence peers and other departments.
- Demonstrated effective line manager that attracts, selects, on-boards, develops and retains high performing talent; strengthens and deepens talent bench and succession.
Apply on company website