Senior Programmer Analyst
(Remote-US and Canada)
- Performing SAS programming to provide complex listings/reports to support Data Mgmt. function to clean data for Oncology trials
- Develop programs to provide patient profiles, missing pages report, coding reports and ad-hoc reports for data review to support the clinical teams
- Designing and developing SAS macros, standard programs, applications and other utilities to expedite SAS programming activities and usage by Clinical Data Management and other areas of Clinical for data review
- Developing and maintaining the programs with proper documentation and testing using departmental standards
- Ensuring all programming activities and processes performed are conducted according to standard operating procedures and good programming practices.
- Provide technical guidance to other SAS programmers as necessary
- Ensures timelines and deliverables are tracked for self and others in the team
- Responsible for the loading of external data into the database management system using SAS and/or SQL code as necessary. To be able to receive, track and load the external data into the database system and answer client questions concerning the processing of this data. To interact with suppliers of external data in negotiating format and method of transfer from said supplier to Company.
- Have to ability to perform problem solving and troubleshooting for system procedures and processes that may arise in course of a clinical trial as related to the clinical database.
- Have the technical knowledge and provide guidance on providing interfaces or data exchanges between the Clinical database and other database, programming or reporting systems. Be able to export data or allow views of data from the Clinical database to other computer systems in a secure and verifiable method. When necessary provide support for tools which require access to the clinical database
- Self starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- University / college degree (life sciences, health sciences, information technology or related subjects preferred).
- Experience and/or education plus relevant work experience, equating to a bachelor's degree will be accepted in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience to include data management and database support or SAS Programming or Spotfire or Tableau development
- Good problem solving skills and a proactive approach
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of clinical trial process and data management, biometrics, and systems applications to support operations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under supervision
- Proven interpersonal skills
Apply on company website