Informatics at Covance is a high profile, high impact team that focuses on creating innovative data-driven solutions to improve the speed, cost and quality of drug development. As a market leader in central laboratory and pre-clinical services and top 5 provider of phase III clinical trial management services, Covance has assembled the most comprehensive investigator and clinical lab database in the pharmaceutical industry, spanning >11,000 protocols, >600 indications, >175,000 unique investigators, and >14 million patient visits over the past 10 years. The role of the informatics team is to lead breakthrough innovations that will unlock the power of this data to help pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies bring the miracles of medicine to the people in need faster and more efficiently.
As a Sr Software Architect, you will be responsible for all aspects of the design and development of high performing web and mobile software products for the award winning Xcellerate® clinical trials informatics platform. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help drive product innovation and work with internal and external engineering teams to prototype and launch data-driven capabilities and service offerings. Key areas of focus include: 1) the integration and analysis of preclinical, clinical and health outcomes data to improve protocol design, clinical site selection, and patient enrollment; 2) the design of intuitive visual interfaces to enhance the efficiency and quality of clinical monitoring; 3) the development of mobile healthcare apps supporting site monitoring and patient recruitment; 4) the development of analytic tools and methodologies to enable decision support; and 5) collaboration with data engineers and analysts to develop strategies for creating, maintaining and delivering best-in-class analytic solutions.
We seek smart, focused, passionate self-starters who bring energy, new ideas and practical experience to a fast-paced and dynamic team, are obsessed with delivering useful solutions, and care deeply about their customers and each other.
- Play a lead role in the design and development of web and mobile based SaaS solutions for integrating, processing and visualizing clinical data at scale.
- Participate in the full development cycle from product inception, research and prototyping to release in production.
- Lead a project team of offshore software developers to write production quality code while implementing your own ideas.
- Perform code reviews to ensure quality of programming through standards enforcement, peer code review and automated tools.
- Establish and promote agile development principles and best practices for software development.
- Partner with internal and external clients to translate business needs into elegant and workable systems.
- Provide support for the rollout of commercial cloud-based SaaS offerings.
- Stay up-to-date on and promote modern software development technology, tools, and processes.
- Measurably impact company performance by delivering high quality, scalable data products.
- Demonstrate strong technical and thought leadership and the ability to influence and guide the work of others.
BS/MS in computer science, information systems, life sciences, or similar.Experience:
- 6+ years of experience designing and developing advanced software solution using modern technology and practices
- Experience with web service development (REST/json, gPRC, protobufs, Thrift)
- Proficiency with relational databases and SQL
- Strong knowledge of general algorithms, design patterns and good coding practices
- Experience with agile software development and the ability to rapidly iterate in a dynamic environment
- Experience with UI design principles, data visualization, and making apps work intuitively
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to apply standards and processes
- Self-motivated, strong delivery focus, and ability to work well within a team environment
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with web application security
- Experience with mobile cross platform app development
- Experience with DevOps and containerization(Docker) to support continuous delivery and automation
- Experience with NoSQL databases and big data technologies
- Experience building cloud-based solutions with Amazon AWS or Azure
- Experience with life science and/or healthcare data
Apply on company website