Covance by Labcorp is recruiting a Sr Software Engineer to join a dynamic team. This position can be a Remote opportunity. The Computer Applications team is looking for a talented and passionate Senior Software Developer, who will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the web applications and middle tier systems.
- Work with stakeholders: scientists, technicians, and project manager to gather requirements
- Design and implement software solutions to support various Specialty Genomics assays, workflows and data processing.
- Analyze frequent requested tickets; identify problems; propose solutions, process and/or system improvement
- Provide excellent system and applications support; end-to-end problem resolution.
- Test, release, and support software products
- Write system/software validation documents
- Execute system/software validation
- Enforce code quality through unit tests and integration tests
Document software in compliance with SLC process
- Bachelor Degree in a Computer Science or Engineering related area
- 7+ years of experience in web-based software development and application design
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases
- 5+ years applied experience with Struts 2, Python, Spring, Dojo, CSS, JSON, React, Node.js, AJAX, Servlet/JSP, Tomcat, Apache, Linux
- 3+ years of experience with web services
- 2+ years of experience with Linux
- Experience deploying software infrastructure to AWS services, e.g. containers, ECS, etc. is a plus
- Familiar with underlying architecture of multi-tiered browser-based applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Great attention to detail
- Understanding of Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field of biology is a plus
- Expose to regulatory requirements such as GLP, CLIA, etc. is a plus
Apply on company website