Would you like the opportunity to train as a Surgeon? Are you looking for a new set of challenges?
Join the team in San Carlos, CA as a Surgical ResearchTechnician working in Medical Device Studies. In this role you will be providing excellent care to animals in research studies. You'll be working with cutting edge research and your work will have a direct relationship to our mission of improving health and improve lives.
$3,000 sign on bonus available (New Hires Only-starting before 1 July)
Relocation Assistance Available (must be greater than 50 miles from site)
In this role, you will learn to coordinate activities involved in medical device studies, you'll be working with large animals in a research setting. Duties include but not limited to:
- Administers animal care and medical treatments such as suture removal, bandage removal and or replacement, restraint/handling, venous catheterizations placement
- Give urgent treatments as directed by veterinarian staff (IV/ SQ fluids, oxygen therapy (mask or intubation), analgesics.).
- Collects basic samples using appropriate techniques and submitting the samples.
- Learns to take and process radiographs; knows and understands radiation safety.
- Assist veterinarians by preparing wound, gathering supplies, monitoring during and after procedure.
- Animal prep for surgery, including intubation, surgical scrub (aseptic technique), monitoring animals under anesthesia and recovery.
- Performs minor surgical procedures.
- Position requires working every 3rd weekend both Saturday and Sunday. Regular Overtime.
- Registered Veterinary Technician certification is a plus
- Bachelors degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology, or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology preferred but not required
- AALAS certification preferred but not required
- Prior experience with animal care, animal surgery is preferred.
- Large animal experience including pigs and sheep is preferred but not required.
Apply on company website