- Global Specimen Solutions (GSS) is wholly owned company of Labcorp Drug Development., providing specialty services in the holistic specimen tracking space. GSS improves translational science through industry best practices and a uniquely powerful pipeline data management analytics solution. GSS reduces the time, cost and risk of specimen based research, while building robust, healthy data pipelines that optimize research opportunities. Job Summary
Develops software solutions for internal departments and external clients based on specifications. Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products. Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities. SW Engineers may develop a range of products including mobile apps, web apps, deployment automation, cloud monitoring, integration logic, patches, etc. Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Provides technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Evaluates current technology and recommend tools for implementation within a project or department.
- Collaborates with IT, Data Management, Operations and Quality Assurance, and voluntarily shares information.
- Offers proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and products, exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of an assignment.
- Interacts cross functionally on matters that require coordination across functional/organizational lines.
- Participates in defining functional detailed design specs as well as responding to requirement documents and system level test plans.
- Participates in determining technical objectives, minimal direction.
- Understands and adheres to cost/delivery/quality targets established during the program design phase.
- Work with team leads on design decisions.
- Works effectively with cross-functional and/or global teams, readily shares information with others.
- Enforce SDLC checkpoints including: Design planning, Deployment planning, Businesses coordination
- Complete development tasks efficiently and with a high degree of code quality
- Guide and mentor peers on best practices.
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science, or related degree.
- 5+ years relevant experience in web application development.
- 3+ years relevant experience in front-end (UI) development.
- 1+ years experience with angularJS.
- Experience using the Chrome developer tools to diagnose problems.
- Experience with coffeescript is desirable but not required.
- Experience with TypeScript and Angular 2+ is desirable but not required.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Apply on company website