Animal Care Assistant Apprenticeship
Covance – Eye, Suffolk
“Every day is another chance to help the lives of millions of people around the world. When you join our team, you get to be a part of that.”
Who we are and what we do:
- We are a world-leading life sciences company offering laboratory testing and development services to the pharmaceutical industry across the globe, dedicated to delivering solutions that make a real difference to millions worldwide.
- At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. We put our trust in science and in one another. We believe that supportive teams, passionate people and inspired thinking are the formula for better science. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner
- As an animal care apprentice within Covance, you will provide assistance and support with the day-to-day care of animals. Following a comprehensive induction process and carefully tailored training program you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of animal care and animal husbandry in a range of different species.
- This is an introductory role that would suit someone looking for their first step in a career within the science industry.
You will learn the following:
- How to clean and disinfect animal cages, animal rooms, hallways and support rooms as well as feeders, water bottles, and other supplies as needed.
- Understand and comply with regulatory requirements and in particular those relating to Animal Welfare (ASPA), Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Health & Safety
- Data collection - manually or with computer software
- How to handle animals with care and appropriately for the species
- Understand animal behavior and how it impacts their care and welfare
- How to exercise and socialise animals relevant to the species
- How to provide animals with food, water, environmental enrichment, housing, etc. according to national and company standard
- How to work both individually and as part of a team
- Take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work that is undertaken
What you'll receive:
- You'll undertake a level 2 apprenticeship in animal welfare over the course of 12 months
- A chance to act as an ambassador across East Anglia for science roles
- A salary of £14,500 in your first year rising progressively based on performance and development
- A generous benefits and holiday package
- Progression opportunities and a chance to work on groundbreaking trials
- A passion for science
- A willingness to learn
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- A passion for animal welfare
- Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' and animals' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
- Join us as we speed the delivery of ground breaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow's drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients and your career.
By Applying for this role you agree to us sharing your data with our training and recruitment partner for the purpose of this recruitment campaign
Start date: September 2020
Apply on company website