COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
The Inside Sales team works directly with the Field sales team to identify and engage with prospective clients, and help manage them through the initial phases of the sales process. Along with this, inside sales is the main point of contact for many of our Consultant relationships, acting as the central point of contact from beginning to end of sales engagements.
We are currently recruiting for an Inside Sales Manager I to join our Global crop protection and chemical team. This would be a field based position in any European country.
• Achieves quarterly and annual lead generation goals as outlined in sales incentive comp plan.
• Handles inbound client calls, qualifies leads and if appropriate grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
• Collaborates effectively with Business Development Directors in business unit; brings potential opportunities to their attention.
• Effectively transfers accounts and client information to Business Development Directors.
• Manages annual expense budget and submits expense reports for reimbursement on approval timelines.
• Expands client requests upselling for business unit when possible.
• Provides weekly sales activity report to management.
• Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan
• Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
• Sells the business unit's capabilities leveraging differentiation framework
• Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
• Establishes and manages customer expectations.
• Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
• Organizes and hosts client visits if required.
• Uses SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
• Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
• Maintains frequent email and phone contact with clients to grow and expand business relationships.
• Leverages Marketing, SMEs and Operations Staff to support client discussions and heighten clients' awareness of BU services.
• Evaluates quotations and provides input to ensure client and company requirements are met.
• Collaborates effectively with sales executives from other business units to bring potential opportunities to their attention.
• Leverage Social Selling techniques and tools to reach clients through digital channels sharing information including Covance services, web conferences, industry meetings, SME news, etc.
• Establishes, nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levelsEducation/Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in life science or business field
Fluent in English and a second European languageExperience:
2-4 years experience working within a CRO conducting a sales or operations discipline
1-3 years experience within sales.
Apply on company website