We have an excellent opportunity for someone to join our Bioanalytical Department in Madison, WI and jumpstart their career as a Lab Analyst.
Learns to analyze samples for various compounds and components in compliance with SOPs and regulatory agency guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns to conduct routine analyses in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Learns how to document work and maintain study documentation and laboratory records.
- Learns how to use laboratory equipment appropriate for assigned tasks.
- Attends and participates in project meetings.
- Learns to perform QC review of data.
- Learns to recognize deviations from normal results and informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data.
- Learns to plan assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments.
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members.
- Supports process improvement initiatives.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Learns to interact with internal clients.
Who we are and what we do:
Covance is a global, world-leading Life Sciences Contract Research Organization that provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry.
At Covance, we offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. We put our trust in science and in one another. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner, as Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescriptions medicines in the market today.Education/Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in chemistry or related scientific field.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software programs.
- No direct industry experience required
Apply on company website