Are you looking for the next step in your career as a supervisor?
Do you have some people management experience and looking to take the next step?
Do you want a meaningful role that helps people to develop in their career but also to contribute to improving people's lives and heatlh?
We are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Supervisor I to work at our Harrogate, North Yorkshire site in the Necropsy Team. As a Laboratory Supervisor within necropsy, you will play a key role in the development and management of between 10-15 staff.
This role is suited to someone who has some experience supervising/ mentoring in their current role. It's a great opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career to become a full time supervisor.
Following a comprehensive training and career development scheme, the responsibilities of this varied role will include the planning and supervision of:
- Assisting with performing day to day necropsy procedures.
- All processes involved with necropsy study supervision; Study set up procedures, tissue sampling, trimming and weighing, reagent preparation, data QC.
- Sample dispatch procedures.
- Data / specimen archive.
- Adherence to Good Laboratory Practice regulations.
- Cross-training initiatives within post life operations.
- Implementation of the Covance Performance Management & Development process (PMD): objective setting, assessments, corresponding appraisal interviews, proposal of salary adjustments and of promotions.
At Covance, we value all employees equally, because every team member is essential to our success. On top of being valued and respected, we invest in your development and will help you to progress along whichever career path you choose which will be both flexible and rewarding.
Contact us today and see where it takes you!Education/Qualifications:
- Ideally you will be educated with a degree in biological sciences.
- Previous anatomy skills and necropsy experience preferred but not essential.
- Personal Home Office License holder would be advantageous but not essential.
- Previous people management experience would be preferred.
- Necropsy experience preferred but not essential.
Apply on company website