Lead Data Manager (Clinical Data Manager)
Get ahead in your career and make a difference in people's lives
Are you a self-starter who knows how to take initiative in your daily work? Would you enjoy making a real difference in the lives of others.
If you are looking for a high-energy position in a collaborative environment, learn more about the Lead Data Manager opportunity with Covance.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as the technical leader on all data management aspects for project(s) including start-up, maintenance, and completion activities.
- Develop [Global] Data Management Plans and Quality Management (QM) Plans that will deliver accurate, timely, consistent, and quality clinical data.
- Identify and implement solutions to project data management issues and concerns, including proactive prevention strategies based on metrics and forecasts.
- Serve as the project and client liaison including management and provision of project specific data management status, cycle time, and productivity metrics.
- Coordinate and participate in the development of the clinical data model and/or database design and annotate the CRF (eCFR) according to these specifications.
- Review data acquisition conventions and data review guidelines / diagnostic specifications consistent with the clinical data model, [statistical] analysis plans, and CRF (eCRF) completion / monitoring conventions.
- Coordinate the development and testing of data management systems edit / data validation checks) diagnostics) and special listings / procedures used as tools for the data review and discrepancy management activities.
- Interact and collaborate with other project and specialty team members (clinical, programming, statistics, CDM technical support, drug safety, etc.) to support the set-up, maintenance, and closure of the data management aspects of the project to ensure consistent, cohesive data handling and quality.
- Advanced planning and risk management for projects (issue escalation, resource management).
- Oversee the technical performance of the data review project staff on achieving client satisfaction through delivery of quality data, on-time and on-budget.
- Assist with goal creation and performance review assessment for data review project staff.
- Maintain technical data management competencies via participation in internal and external training seminars.
- Ensure project staff are trained and adhere to project-specific, global, standardized data management processes.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement and implement solutions on assigned projects.
- Support achievement of project revenue and operating margin for data management activities to agreed targets.
- Develop and maintain strategic client relationships and receive client satisfaction surveys and implement appropriate action plans as necessary.
- Support business development for data management time and cost estimates and prepare and present to potential clients on global data management capabilities.
- Review literature and research technologies/procedures for improving global data management practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
University/college degree (life science, pharmacy or related subject preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession from an appropriately accredited institution.
Broad knowledge of drug development processes
Understanding of budgets and productvitity targets
Thorough knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs especially as related to data handling and processingExperience:
Previous relevant work experience in data management with approximately one year technical supervisory experience to include data management, clinical operations, and knowledge of several therapeutic areas
Demonstrated skill for technical management of staff exceeding 5 employees
Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
In depth knowledge of clincal trial process and data management , clinlical operations, biometrics, quality management and system applications to support operations.
Working knowledge of the relationship and regulatory obligation of the CRO industry with pharmaceutical/biotechnological companies
Apply on company website