Medical Technologist Associate (1st, 2nd or 3rd shift - variable days of the week)
Play a pivotal role in the drug development process and grow your career
Are you interested in making a real scientific impact through your everyday work? Would you enjoy working in a team-focused environment as you explore unique career opportunities?
If you are looking for a company where you can gain exposure to a wide variety of science and explore a multitude of career paths across the drug development spectrum, consider working at Covance as a Medical Technologist.
In this role, you will perform established procedures for clinical testing as required in all assigned laboratory disciplines and be responsible for analyzing specimens, reporting the results to sponsors.
You will also be expected to:
- Perform assigned clinical laboratory testing accurately and in a timely manner, under the supervision of a qualified Technologist.
- Ensure the validity of test results through the performance of established quality assurance and quality control procedures, under the supervision of a qualified Technologist.
- Prepare and properly label reagent, quality control, calibrator material
- Prepare proper documentation of test results and enter into the information system
- Ensures maintenance of instruments and equipment is performed according to manufacturer and SOP requirements, and documented according to SOP.
This position is located in our Indianapolis, IN facilityEducation/Qualifications:
Individual must qualify as testing personnel under the following CLIA 1988 and New York State Department of Health requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited college or university
• 90 semester hours from an accredited institution that include the following:
1) 16 semester hours of biology courses, which are pertinent to the medical sciences
2) 16 semester hours of chemistry (at least 6 semester hours of Inorganic Chemistry)
3) 3 semester hours of math
1 year of Lab experience preferred
Apply on company website