Interested in Clinical Laboratory Science (CLS)? Are you a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or Medical Technologist (MT)? Are you ASCP Certified? Come join the leading global Contract Research Organization (CRO) for Clinical Pathology!
We have a great opportunity for a Medical Technologist I in our Clinical Pathology group in Madison, WI. Covance's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work. Help improve patients' lives while growing your career.
In this role, you will perform established procedures for nonclinical testing as required in all assigned laboratory disciplines. In addition, you will be responsible for analyzing specimens whose results are then reported to the pharmaceutical company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned clinical laboratory testing accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure the validity of test results through the performance of established quality control procedures. Interpret quality control results according to established departmental procedures.
- Prepare proper documentation of test results and enter into the information system. Generate an appropriate audit trail for all activities. Document and report any result reporting problems or inconsistencies to laboratory management. Complete testing within the expected turn-around time to meet customers' expectations.
- Perform maintenance on instruments and equipment daily, weekly, monthly, and document.
- Comply with regulatory guidelines, Universal Precautions and Covance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applicable computer systems and software.
- Participates in proficiency testing and maintains a record of on-going competency along with personal training file.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment. Handles hazardous materials, reagents and chemicals in a safe manner according to SOP.
- Exercises and maintains levels of competence, integrity and interpersonal skills necessary to attain regulatory and quality goals.
- Supports and participates in Corporate and Department initiatives regarding quality system implementation, maintenance, and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Serve as clinical pathology team member for Covance studies.
- Bachelor's degree and completion of at least a 12-month training program in Medical Technology, or
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited college or university and one year training and/or experience in the specialty in which testing is to be performed. Such training must be equivalent to that received in a school of Medical Technology.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, LIS).
- ASCP certification or equivalent preferred.
- One-year experience working in the Medical Technology field.
Apply on company website