Are you looking for a new challenge within the field of Pharmacology?
Do you want the opportunity to work for a global organisation who strive to make a difference to peoples' everyday lives by bringing essential products to the market?
As one of the world's premier Contract Research Organisations, Covance's mission is to help build a healthier and safer world by providing research services for a multitude of organisations.
The Pharmacology Department based in Alconbury, Huntingdon is looking to recruit a Pharmacology Assistant to provide support to the Pharmacology Scientific teams by performing a wide range of technical procedures and data collection to support safety pharmacology and discovery studies.
Main responsibilities include:
- Conducting regulated procedures as detailed in Personal and Project Licences and in accordance with A(SP)A
- Monitoring animal health
- Collecting and processing study data for inclusion in reports; further developing these skills and expanding theoretical knowledge of pharmacology science
- Assisting in planning and co-ordination of the team's day to day workloads and ensure that adequate resources are available to meet study needs
- Reading and complying with Study Plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and associated documentation to ensure that study based requirements are clearly understood and actioned where appropriate.
- Data checking to ensure compliance with SOPs, Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Manufacturing practice (GMP) and reporting of any deviations
- Formulating test substances when required
- Ensuring that equipment and associated documentation is used, maintained and stored in accordance with SOPs
What Covance can offer you:
- A competitive salary together with a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and pension
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities supported by exceptional people from across the globe with an energized purpose
- Ability to work with a variety of different clients on wide ranging projects
If you want to work within a supportive and growing team, then we would like to hear from you!Education/Qualifications:
- 5 GCSE's grade A-C or equivalent
- Home Office Licence Holder
- Strong team player
- Previous in vivo experience preferred
- Previous experience working in a GLP laboratory is desirable
Apply on company website