Regional Study Coordinator
(Associate Project Manager)
Do you excel at coordinating events and information into a complex timeline? If you have a background in science or experience in project management, then joining our study team as a Regional Study Coordinator (RSC), an associate project manager role, could be the gateway to unleash your extraordinary potential with a career in project management.
Our RSCs manage local laboratory operations and serve as the bridge between our internal departments and various clinical studies. To be successful, RSCs must manage many competing interests, and communicate and articulate critical information to each department and amongst the project management team. Housed in our growing Mechelen office for Covance Central Laboratory Services (CLS), this role is a permanent or renewable 2-year contract with an option for Belgium residents to work remotely.
About the Job
You'll join our Global Project Management Department, a team of exceptional people who are unified by an energizing purpose to transform healthcare and improve lives around the globe. Clinical studies are developed and managed collaboratively by a study team, and the RSC manages the day-to-day activities of a clinical trial at a regional level. RSCs manage multiple studies and the responsibilities for each include:
- Collaborate with the Global Study Manager for all local study related aspects. Specifically, study set up and closure; ordering of study start up supplies, answering CRA questions regarding country specific regulations, etc.
- Act as regional liaison between Global Study Manager and various CLS departments involved in the study.
- Act as a regional liaison between assigned client representatives (e.g., Clinical Research Associates (CRAs) or Site Monitors) and Covance CLS internal departments and teams.
- Monitor, track and provide resolution to all local study issues; especially logistic issues and/or delays in receipt of study supplies, all the while keeping the Global Study Manager in the communication loop.
- Clean the laboratory database; e.g., a lab sample has been placed on hold and is not being analyzed, determine why it is not being processed and then resolve the issue.
- Deliver outstanding customer service and timely responsiveness to ensure client satisfaction, which requires a clear understanding of study design and major budget drivers.
- Work in a matrix environment where some task assignments are being channeled down to be dealt with by RSCs while other task assignments will need to be delegated by Regional Study Coordinators to other functional groups.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Dedicated to teamwork
- Ability to plan and prioritize
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
You must have a bachelor's degree and customer service experience. A university degree in science is preferred, but not required if you have demonstrated project management experience. You must be fluent in English at a work-proficiency level. To help you reach your Covance Potential, we provide a robust training program followed by structured mentorship, as well as continued support via independent and digital learning programs. You will have opportunities for advancement and be a part of a community of hard-working people who push new boundaries together.
Get to know Covance
Covance, the drug development business of LabCorp, is the world's most comprehensive drug development services company. Because of our broad experience, from early research to commercialization, our more than 20,000 employees from across the globe are in a unique position to supply insights that go above and beyond testing. Our team's impact on healthcare is remarkable. Through their everyday work they've supported 100% of the top 50 drugs on the market and all the oncology drugs approved in 2016. Even though we span multiple businesses, we operate as one, sharing our knowledge to improve our efficiency and deliver on the promise of a healthier world.
The Covance team is driven by an energized purpose to improve health and improve lives across the globe. Here, you'll work alongside exceptional people who each play an important role in bringing new scientific discoveries and therapeutic area advancements to life. And, because we span the drug development spectrum, you'll directly impact a wide-range of initiatives as you explore unique career paths and discover your extraordinary potential.
Get ready to make a difference as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and improve lives of countless individuals.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Please apply with a CV in EnglishEducation/Qualifications:
* Life Science DegreeExperience:
*Strong working knowledge of customer service, preferably gained within the pharmaceutical industry.
Apply on company website