Do you want to work for a world leader in Genetic Toxicology and raise your profile?
Are you at a stage in your career where you are ready to work on a variety of studies with differing levels of complexity?
Do you want the opportunity to work for a global organisation who strive to make a difference to people's everyday lives by bringing essential products to the market?
As one of the world's premier Contract Research Organisations, Covance's mission is to help build a healthier and safer world by providing research services for a multitude of our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Study Director to work in the Genetic Toxicology department at our site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. As a senior Study Director, you will be responsible for the organisation and day to day control of Genetic Toxicology studies of various types and complexity.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Providing Study Direction of Genetic Toxicology studies in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Responsibility for the overall design, scientific and technical conduct of Genetic Toxicology studies, including interpretation, analysis, documentation and reporting of results
- Directing non-standard study types
- Managing novel assay types or technical science improvement initiatives as well maintaining an external scientific profile and client specific relationships
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for career development and progression within a global organisation with global clients
- Excellent relocation package (subject to criteria)
If you are looking to make a difference and want to work with an experienced, supportive team, where there are real opportunities to broaden your knowledge, develop and progress then we would like to hear from you!Education/Qualifications:
- Advanced degree (e.g. MSc/PhD) with industry experience preferred (BSc minimum with extensive direct industry experience)
- Experience working as a Study Director with a knowledge and understanding of GLP
- Strong scientific background with experience in performing Genetic Toxicology assays in accordance with regulatory guidelines
- Skilled in performing scientific presentations and preparing scientific publications
- Excellent attention to detail, methods and interpretation of scientific data
- Previous experience of client management skills and technical expertise in the relevant business line is preferable
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience of in vivo Genetic Toxicology assays preferred, e.g. Comet or in vivo Experience of in vitro assay types such as Ames, in vitro micronucleus, Mouse Lymphoma assay, chromosome aberration assays also considered
Apply on company website