Covance by Labcorp is recruiting a Software Engineer for a dynamic team in Warsaw, Poland. Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance by Labcorp. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
As Associate Software Engineer on the Covance Informatics team, you will participate in the end-to-end design, development and release of mobile, IoT, and web-based products for the award winning Xcellerate® clinical trials informatics platform. Working in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment, you will help drive product innovation and work with internal and external engineering, data science, business and customer teams to prototype and launch capabilities and service offerings that will shape the future of healthcare. Key areas of focus include: 1) the integration and analysis of preclinical, clinical and health outcomes data to improve protocol design, clinical site selection, and patient enrollment; 2) the design of intuitive interfaces to enhance the efficiency and quality of clinical monitoring; 3) the development of mobile healthcare apps supporting site monitoring, patient recruitment, and virtual clinical trials; 4) collaboration with data engineers and data scientists to develop strategies for creating, maintaining and delivering best-in-class analytic solutions; and 5) planning, implementation and support of large-scale, cloud-based SaaS deployments.
We seek smart, focused, passionate self-starters who bring energy, new ideas and practical experience to a fast-paced and dynamic team, are obsessed with delivering useful and elegant solutions, and care deeply about their customers and each other.
Covance Inc., the drug development business of Labcorp®, is the world's most comprehensive drug development company, dedicated to advancing healthcare and delivering Solutions Made Real®. Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
- Participate in the full-stack design and development of web and mobile based SaaS solutions for integrating, processing and visualizing data at scale.
- Participate in the full development cycle from product inception, research and prototyping to release in production.
- Work with a team of software engineers to write production quality code while implementing your own ideas.
- Provide support for the rollout of a commercial SaaS offering
- Establish and promote agile development principles and best practices for software development.
- Stay up-to-date on modern software development technology, tools, and processes
- Partner with internal and external clients to translate business needs into elegant and workable systems.
- BS/MS in engineering, computer science, informatics, or similar.
- 2 years of web or mobile development experience, preferably full-stack, with a demonstrated history of success designing secure, performant, scalable, and reliable solutions
- Hands on native or hybrid mobile application development for iOS or Android using Objective-C/Swift, Java, React Native, Flutter, or similar
- 2 years of hands-on experience with .NET/C#, Java, or similar languages
- Experience using RESTful web APIs, application security, and web communication protocols
- Hands-on database (Oracle, MS SQL Server or PostgreSQL) experience and SQL proficiency
- Experience with UI design principles, data visualization, and making apps work intuitively
- Strong knowledge of general algorithms, design patterns and good coding practices
- Experience with agile software development and the ability to rapidly iterate in a dynamic environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to apply standards and processes
- Self-motivated, strong delivery focus, and ability to work well within a team environment
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience deploying and managing solutions and services in AWS or Azure
- Experience with NoSQL databases and other big data technologies.
- Experience with data analytics and artificial intelligence practices and technologies
- Experience with life science and/or healthcare data.
Apply on company website