Play a pivotal role in the drug development process and grow your career!
If you are looking for a company where you can gain exposure to a wide variety of science and explore a multitude of career paths across the drug development spectrum, consider working at Covance as a LC-MS Method Development Scientist in our Bioanalytical group. In this role, you will undertake original research which includes developing and confirming highly sensitive and reliable assay methodologies for the rapid and accurate analysis of pharmaceuticals in biological fluids and tissues as you:
- Undertakes original research that includes developing and confirming highly sensitive, reliable assay methodologies for the rapid and accurate analysis of pharmaceuticals in biological fluids and tissues.
- Performs complex analytical methods on biological matrices, often involving problem solving situations.
- Applies and interprets scientific theories, concepts, techniques, and regulatory requirements in bioanalytical and mass spectrometry studies and accepts leadership role in developing scientific approaches.
- Acts as research scientist, in a team work setting, for technical direction on complex bioanalytical and mass spectrometry projects.
- Responds to unscheduled deadlines, client needs, crises, etc. without neglecting other duties.
- Produces reports for reliable, sensitive, and validated methods of analyses.
- Authors scientific papers which are published in peer reviewed journals.
- Participates in client visits.
- Contributes to long-range planning and technical policies of the department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Why Staff Scientists choose to work at Covance?
- Make a direct impact in the lives of patients
- Access to a variety of studies and top notch laboratory instrumentation
- Partner with and learn from supportive colleagues and industry leaders
- Open up new opportunities for career growth related to scientific and regulatory leadership
What we're looking for..
Non-regulated Staff Scientists are the most successful at Covance with:
- A PhD in chemistry or a related field (experience may be substituted for education)
- A proven track record of analytical method development
- Knowledge of laboratory automation software, system software, and Microsoft applications
- Highly effective skills in research conduct, data interpretation, and report writing
- Experience and proficiency with laboratory analytical instrumentation
- The ability to successfully perform scientific presentations and prepare scientific publications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with excellent attention to detail
This position is based out of our Madison, WI location. Relocation assistance is available.Education/Qualifications:
- PhD in chemistry, or equivalent degree, with 0 to 2 years of related experience. Relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience and knowledge of analytical instrumentation (eg - HPLC, GC, LC/MS/MS).
- Proven track record of analytical method development.
- Skilled in conducting research, compiling data, data interpretation, and writing reports according to regulatory requirements.
- Skilled in performing scientific presentations and preparing scientific publications.
- Knowledge of laboratory automation software, system software, and Microsoft applications.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Apply on company website