Are you looking for an entry level lab role?
Are you interested in Genetic Toxicology?
As one of the world's premier Contract Research Organisations, Covance's mission is to help build a healthier and safer world by providing research services for a multitude of organizations.
At our pre-clinical development site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, we are currently recruiting for a Study Technician to join our Genetic and Molecular Toxicology department to assist in the performing and data recording of in vitro genetic toxicology assays.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining lab cleanliness, supplies and tidiness (cleaning, calibrations, reagent prep and disposal, waste disposal etc.)
- Assisting in maintaining laboratory equipment and equipment records within laboratory areas
- Assisting in the production of laboratory work sheets for standard assays
- Assisting in the preparation and performance of standard assay(s) in base lab area
- Assisting in the accurate recording and data checking of study and laboratory raw data
What Covance can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory pension
- Unrivalled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities
If you are looking for a role where you will receive first class training then we would like to hear from you!Education/Qualifications:
- Good general education A'Levels/HNC level with experience of laboratory work, or a scientific degree (BSc)
- Up to 12 months practical lab experience – if new graduate internship/placement experience or lab practical experience during degree course preferable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to accurately read, record, and communicate information
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Familiarity with standard spreadsheet and word-processing software applications
- Communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP, aseptic techniques and cell culture would be advantageous
Apply on company website