Do you have Veterinary and Surgical Tech skills? Would you like the opportunity to train as a Surgeon?
Are you looking to utilize the skills you have in anesthesia, from placing catheters to intubation to drug calculations? Learn and master all routes of anesthesia from injections (SQ, IM IV) to inhalation. Learn suture skills and receive training in performing minor surgical procedures.
You will have the opportunity to organize the surgical supplies, maintain the surgical suite, prepare surgical instruments, and assemble surgical, materials and packs needed for procedures.
We have a great opportunity for a Veterinary Surgical Technician at our Madison, Wisconsin facility. Our ideal candidate has a background in veterinary and/or surgical services, and is looking for an opportunity to apply those skills on a variety of animals in a research setting.
*$2,000 Sign On Bonus Available-$1000 upon hire, $1000 after six months of employment
In this role you will perform basic veterinary laboratory procedures including but not limited to;
- Perform veterinary treatments under the guidance of the attending veterinarian. Monitor the health and welfare of animals currently under veterinary care, document observations and perform follow up observations
- Maintain and organize animal veterinary records and associated study data, in accordance with GLP and USDA standards.
- Observe the health and welfare of animals and provide a proactive approach to veterinary care
- Collect diagnostic radiographs as needed
- Collect biological samples from various species for analysis as needed
- Contribute to the Environmental Enrichment program, which covers all species, including behavior management and socialization of nonhuman primates
- Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology or Veterinary Technology highly preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education.
- 1 year of animal experience preferred
Apply on company website