FULL TIME BENEFITED
SUMMARY: The Nurse Practitioner (NP)/Physician Assistant (PA) demonstrates excellent customer service performance in that his/her attitude and actions are at all times consistent with the standards contained in the Mission, Vision and Values of Covenant and the commitment to Extraordinary care for every generation. The NP/PA will function in a supervised and independent capacity with the Covenant HealthCare physician team. Supervision, where necessary, will be provided by the practice's designated supervising physician.
Strong patient assessment skills; taking medical history, ordering and interpreting laboratory tests, performing physical exam and treating illnesses and injuries.
Prescribe medication within the scope of licensure and facility limitations.
Educate patients on conditions, treatments, and risk factor modification.
Keep in contact with physician regarding patient updates/change of status, test results.
Assist with patient paperwork such as disability forms, prior authorizations, and prescription refills.
Participates and/or directs regulatory activities in compliance with CLIA, HFAP, OSHA, EMTALA, and Corporate Compliance/Covenant guidelines.
Work with Office Manager/Coordinator in developing clinical protocols for practice. Timely coding and documentation of services provided.
Maintains a professional, courteous and compassionate approach to patients and staff.
Models Covenant's Mission, Vision and Values. Keeps our Promise extraordinary care for every generation
• Knowledge in the specialty of the practice for which the position is posted is preferred.
• Knowledge of Covenant systems, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of acute and chronic care protocols, administration of medications and treatments, delivery of care and documentation of care.
• Knowledge of computer programs and applications.
• Knowledge of medical practices, terminology, billing and reimbursement
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
• Computer literate, must be able to work with an EMR system while providing patient care.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain a wide variety of internal and external cooperative working relationships.
• Analytical skills necessary to plan, develop, and administer care to a wide variety of patients.
• Ability to assess and treat patients with limited history and background in a timely manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Respond calmly and effectively in emergencies.
• Make decisions within scope of training and practice.
• Current Licensure to practice in the State of Michigan.
• Graduate from an accredited institution.
• Certification as a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant.
• Continuing medical education as required by the certification body.
• Preferred: 2 years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant or previous experience as an RN within the practice specialty.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to maintain punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
Constant handling, feeling, talking, hearing, and near vision
Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs.
Frequent standing, walking, twisting, reaching, midrange vision, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision
Occasional lifting up to 100 lbs. or more
Occasional sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting, tasting, smelling, and far vision
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT.
It has been determined that Covenant HealthCare cannot provide a latex safe or latex free work environment at any of its facilities. Unfortunately, that means that any individual, including an applicant or an employee, is likely to be exposed to latex while on Covenant's premises. Therefore, latex tolerance is considered to be an essential function for any position with Covenant.
Apply on company website