DAY SHIFT, 80 HOURS PER PAY
FULL TIME BENEFITED
The Specialty Office RN demonstrates excellent customer service performance in that his/her attitude and actions are at all times consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and Values of Covenant and the commitment to Keeping Our Promise of Caring. This individual appropriately cares for patients of all ages; assists providers in procedures; accesses appropriate reference/resource manuals as needed; accurately documents all patient care interactions; performs assigned duties as scheduled and meets deadlines. This job also requires the collection of patient data and appropriate communication of results; placing patient needs as a priority; empathizing with patients; maintaining strict confidentiality; remaining calm and composed in difficult situations; prioritizing and organizing to optimize available resources; adhering to policies and procedures and leading others by example.
Triages patients and patient phone calls per Covenant HealthCare policy and procedure.
Obtains reason for patient visit and takes appropriate vital signs. Assists provider with procedures. Performs diagnostic procedures at the direction of the provider and completes controls as required by regulatory agencies. Coordinates x-rays, ultrasounds, labs, EKG's, OR scheduling, (pre-certs or authorizations,) etc., per physician standing order. Maintains medical records and clinical standards in compliance with regulatory agencies and Covenant HealthCare policies/procedures.
Properly administers medications. Provides patient information regarding drug interactions. Follows regulations regarding narcotic storage and maintains medical inventory log. Assures medications have not expired.
Assists patients in appropriate self-care techniques, providing pamphlets and instructions. Addresses patient questions and concerns following clinical protocols. Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to patient rights.
Answers the telephone and provides appropriate information and/or directs calls to appropriate provider/staff member.
Continually identifies and/or recommends ways in which clinical and/or departmental tasks/process may be streamlined to gain efficiency. Participates in staff meetings, in-service programs and continuing education activities as necessary. Assists Practice Manager with staff training and orientation.
Under the guidance of the Practice Manager, assists in maintaining all CLIA, OSHA, HFAP and Corporate Compliance regulations. Functions with an awareness of safety issues. Demonstrates awareness of confidentiality and legal issues in all aspects of patient care. Meets or exceeds all competency requirement expectations.
Contributes to physician practice success targets for customer/patient satisfaction and net operating margin. Orders/maintains clinical supplies within budgetary constraints.
Demonstrates/delivers superior customer service in a demanding and challenging urgent care environment. Greets and services patients and family members in a courteous, professional manner. Ensures customer needs are addressed and expectations are met and/or exceeded.
• High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
• Successful completion of a Degreed Nursing program.
• Current state licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse.
• BCLS certification required, ACLS if required by specialty.
• Pharmacology exam score of 85% or greater.
• Two years' experience as a direct patient care provider required.
• Knowledge of medication side effects and how to effectively communicate to patients.
• Knowledge of proper “release of information” standards.
• If applicable, working knowledge of specialty in which employed.
• Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Basic computer/typing skills
• Ability to properly obtain/perform the following as needed: - E.K.G. - A.E.D. use (Auto. Ext. Defibrillator) - Tympanometry - B.C.L.S. (CPR) - TB testing - Venipuncture technique - Waived lab testing - Specimen collections - Vision testing - Patient education - Vital signs
• Ability to properly administer medications, including proper dosage, proper site and proper schedule.
• Ability to remain calm in stressful/difficult situations.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Constant handling, finger dexterity, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near vision.
Frequent standing, walking, twisting, reaching midrange vision, depth perception, color vision, field of vision.
Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs.
Occasional sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting, far vision.
Occasional lifting up to 100 lbs. or more
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT.
It has been determined that Covenant HealthCare cannot provide a latex safe or latex free work environment at any of its facilities. Unfortunately, that means that any individual, including an applicant or an employee, is likely to be exposed to latex while on Covenant's premises. Therefore, latex tolerance is considered to be an essential function for any position with Covenant.
Apply on company website