We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Financial Facilitator. This position is entrusted with assisting residents, al all levels of care and regardless of their relationship with Covenant Estate Planning Services/Covenant Trust Company (CEPS/CTC), with their personal finances as requested and directed by the resident, resident's family and/or attorney-in-fact. For residents with a relationship with CEPS/CTC, this position serves as a liaison between the executive director, administrator, resident, resident's family and/or the attorney-in-fact of the resident and the CEPS/CTC and its field representatives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Review Medicare explanation of benefits (EOB) statements and file claims with co-insurance carriers on behalf of the resident. Maintain Medicare and co-insurance logs to determine out of pocket expense for the resident.
- Serve as an advocate for the resident in working with physicians, hospitals and other service providers to ensure accuracy of charges, invoices and claims filed to Medicare and secondary insurance. File appeals as appropriate.
- Prepare checks from resident's personal checkbook to pay bills such as doctors, monthly service fees, hospital, etc.
- Have checks signed by the resident or the attorney-in-fact of the resident.
- Balance and maintain checkbook of resident as requested.
- Work with the CEPS/CTC representatives to assist the resident in maximizing the benefits of the trust agreement while assuring financial obligations are met in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with accounting staff, social services staff and administrative staff to assure residents obtain financial assistance and appropriate guidance as necessary in a timely manner.
- Regularly review accounts receivable records with accounting staff and contact resident, family member and/or attorney-in-fact to assure payments are made in a timely manner.
- Maintain individual records on each resident for whom service is provided to assure continuity and clear understanding of services provided.
- Summarize monthly disbursements and bill the CEPS/CTC for reimbursement from the resident's trust account, as applicable.
- Work with the resident, resident's family and/or attorney-in-fact of the resident to assure adequate and appropriate financial management; assist in directing resident to reliable outside services (financial, tax, legal, etc.) as may be appropriate.
- Communicate observable changes in resident's physical and/or mental condition to campus resident assessment committee chair and/or other staff as directed. Work with the administrator, resident, resident's family and/or resident's attorney-in-fact as appropriate, to help facilitate the transfer of resident being served to another level of care.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school graduate or equivalent, some college preferred.
- Two years experience working in an area where excellent "people skills" are required.
- Experience in Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and third party insurance benefits, and/or bookkeeping is desirable.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively in English with residents and staff.
- Well organized and have the ability to work with limited direction, organizing own schedule and duties in order to complete responsibilities.
- Must be able to work within standard policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow all regulatory and corporate policies related to confidentiality of the resident's financial, medical and personal information.
- Good judgment and common sense are necessary.
- Courtesy and relate well to older people.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website