We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! This position is accountable for providing skilled, specialized remodeling services in turning over vacated units and rooms to allow timely move-in by new residents. This position may also be involved with maintenance throughout the Covenant Shores campus in order to meet the needs of the residents and staff and to help assure that the buildings, equipment and other facilities are in good repair. This position reports to the Refurbishment Supervisor.
- Rough and trim carpentry.
- Wood and steel framing.
- FRP and acoustical tile systems.
- Drywall hanging, taping and finishing.
- Cabinet and counter installation.
- Painting on a variety of surfaces.
- Plumbing, including sweating copper and drain installations.
For this role you need:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years' experience in a variety of construction/remodeling related fields; Specialized advanced training in two or more areas related to construction/remodeling.
- Experience in a retirement community preferred.
- Current valid Washington state driver's license and a good driving record.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and good mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated safe experience with hand and power tools, equipment, ladders and electrical testing equipment.
- Knowledge of life safety codes and other long-term-care facilities requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
- Efficient work habits to complete assignments in required time.
- Ability to use sound judgment to recognize problems and implement appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of good safety practices and a demonstrated good safety record.
- Ability to operate company-owned motorized vehicles including an automobile, small bus, light truck and golf cart.
- Must pass pre-hire drug screen and background check.
- Must be available for on-call duties per schedule.
- Requires the ability to stand, or walk most of the day in and out of doors throughout the 12-acre campus. This position works on ladders over 12' high, works on building roofs and in other dangerous areas.
- Must be able to occasionally lift, push, pull and move equipment, supplies, etc. in excess of 75 pounds.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website