We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nationwide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking an Admissions & Healthcare Navigator. This position is responsible for generating appropriate referrals leading to admissions and to direct the daily referral and admission workflow of the Skilled Nursing Facility. This role combines sales with managing the admission process on campus.
In this role, the Admissions & Healthcare Navigator will:
- Develop and maintain key external relationships with referral sources including but not limited to: professional, clinical, governmental and community agencies to maintain and exceed sales goals.
- Lead outreach visits to targeted referral sources and referral influencers in the medial, professional and general community with the assistance provide by other members of the healthcare team.
- Lead large and small group presentations, assesses customer needs, outcomes, builds professional relationship and conducts one-to-one sales presentations of CL products and services.
- Provide follow-up to inquiries. This follow-up may include phone contacts, letters, and personal visits with interested parties. This may involve hospital visits.
- Plan and conduct tours in Health Care with prospective patients, responds to questions, and explains policies.
- Review key competitors' service offerings and market position annually. Ensure a timely response to trends that may impact the CL market space.
- Develop and execute a census development plan incorporating key healthcare sales tactics in partnership with healthcare administrator, key campus stakeholders, National Director of Healthcare Sales and Director of Admissions and Customer Experience.
- Access, maintain and analyze daily CL–approved customer relationship management (CRM) software for sales activities and outcomes, prospective leads, and referral source management. Submit monthly outcome reports to healthcare administrator and National Director of Healthcare Sales.
- Ensure that all applicable campus healthcare products are receiving and admitting the right payer mix of customers to exceed census revenue and occupancy targets in collaboration with the healthcare admissions coordinator.
- Coordinate the admission procedure for all new patients/residents with the appropriate departments. Ensure that all rooms are in appropriate condition.
- Facilitate completion of all necessary screening, verifications, approvals, and notifications. Coordinate the completion of records and files paperwork relating to the admission of each resident according to outlined procedures. Utilize all applicable and required admissions tools, process and policies.
- Maintain communication with the Business Office, Social Services, Medical Records Department and any other necessary staff member regarding the residents' primary payment source, and assures the residents' records are up-to-date with this information.
- Obtain information from the referral source related to resident care needs, acuity, etc. to make quick and informed decisions if admission is granted. Coordinate admission process as requested.
- Communicate throughout the hospital system. Perform bedside visits and/or assessments of potential residents to assure appropriateness for skilled care. Evaluate in collaboration with clinical and administrative personnel that campus can meet the health care needs of potential residents if necessary.
- Answer questions of prospective and current residents or family members and direct them to appropriate resource.
- Offer alternative suggestions to inquiries if a different type of living arrangement other than what the campus is able to offer is needed.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all resident and applicant information.
- Maintain a good relationship with discharge planners and other health-related professionals in the community for referrals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Demonstrated marketing and sales ability required.
- RN/LVN strongly preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) year health care related experience in social services or a related field is preferred. Previous experience with older adults in a long-term care setting is preferred. Medicare, Public Aid, Managed Care and Insurance knowledge required.
- The person must have good interpersonal skills, project a friendly personality, and understand customer service and sales and marketing concepts. Demonstrates the ability to handle the public graciously, is understanding of the needs of older adults, guards with confidentiality resident personal information, and exercises good judgment. The person must be able to work independently, have good organizational skills with particular attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrates initiative.
- This individual must also demonstrate an ability to work under time-sensitive conditions that require flexibility and to adapt to changing needs. They must be able to effectively multi-task.
- Valid driver's licenses with trusted means of transportation
- Ability to demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills, in English, with tact, poise, and confidence in the personal contact customers.
- Ability to travel within assigned market space (up to 90% of time.)
- Ability to work varied hours and some weekends as necessary.
- Individual must be able to work independently, have good organizational skills with particular attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrates initiative.
- Advanced computer skills are required. Use of Microsoft office suite products, CRM software, electronic medical record systems critical for success in this role.
- Must be able to read and write English with the ability to articulate clearly and audibly.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website