We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Making a difference in the lives of others – that's what working at Covenant Living is all about. Our healthcare professionals have the opportunity each and every day to make a difference in the lives of older adults. From improving our residents' quality of life, to creating peace of mind for them and their families, our team members know that as a part of our community, they are changing lives. Covenant Living, the nation's sixth-largest nonprofit senior living provider, is seeking qualified candidates for Trained Medication Aides (TMAs) to help in fulfilling our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for our residents and their families by creating a better way of life. Join our organization, where teamwork, respect, and service is part of our everyday environment and build your health care career in a supportive, faith-based community. Positions are available in assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care.
In this role, the Certified Medication Aide will:
- Routine direct care to residents.
- Assist with routine direction of the non-professional nursing staff.
- Assist in the orientation of new nursing personnel and reinforce training standards to maintain a high quality of care. Provide explanation of nursing assistant procedures and assistance to staff to assure ongoing understanding and training.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the charge nurse regarding observations and suggestions of problem areas, resident and employee activities, concerns, needs, conditions, etc.
- Observe residents' medical, mental and emotional conditions and communicate changes to appropriate staff.
- When indicated is responsible for notifying the supervisor and family members according to prescribed procedures. Participate in nursing report at the beginning and end of shifts to assure proper information about residents is communicated.
- Assist in the admission and orientation of new residents to the facility.
- Participate in resident care conferences, and follow through of care plans and goals and update nursing care plans as appropriate.
- Provide explanation and offer understanding of nursing care to residents and families according to procedures and provide support relating to medical care as appropriate.
- Seek emergency care when necessary.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Six months full time experience as a nursing assistant in a long-term geriatric setting.
- Completion of a state approved program "Medication Administration for Unlicensed Personnel", including testing of skills by a licensed nurse at the facility and presentation of certificate of completion from the above course.
- Spirit of cooperation and enthusiasm to create an atmosphere conducive to rehabilitation and growth.
- Proven leadership skills necessary.
Good observation skills are required.
Ability to treat patient information confidentially.
- Well organized and the ability to understand and show compassion to senior adults is essential.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively in English with residents, family and staff.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website