We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! The Certified Medication Aide is responsible to pass medication (under direction of Nurse) and to provide direct, hands-on care to residents to ensure residents attain or maintain the highest possible physical, mental and emotional well-being possible for each resident.
- Under the supervision of the Nurse, passes medication and provides treatments according to physician's orders and in accordance with facility policy.
- Provides, completes and documents as assigned timely and accurately.
- Reports changes in resident's condition immediately to the Nurse.
- Follows safety policies in performing nursing care.
- Attends and participates in facility meetings and in-service training programs.
- Practices good infection control techniques in all aspects of resident care.
- Observes residents' rights including, but not limited to, privacy, dignity, etc.
- Safeguards the resident's privacy and property.
- Participates in the orientation of new or temporary staff to the unit to assure continuity in the delivery of resident care.
- Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members and guests.
- Provides restorative care to residents as assigned by the Nurse or as indicated in the overall plan of care.
- Assists with admissions, discharges, and transfers.
The Certified Medication Aides must have completed an approved training program and passed competency examinations in clinical skills and written knowledge to obtain certification as both a Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) and Certified Medication Aide (CMA).
- Demonstrate the ability to set and establish priorities
- Manages time efficiently
- Frequently required to carry objects including charts and equipment up to 30 pounds. May occasionally be called to carry equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to perform standing, sitting, twisting, bending, squatting, kneeling or crouching when assisting others. Walking most of an eight hour shift.
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must work well independently and with others.
- Must be able to give clear and concise direction to staff and others.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website