We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Lead the full life cycle of Human Resources on the campus. Act as an employee champion and change agent. Proactively assess and anticipate HR related needs and communication needs and develop integrated solutions. Act as a trusted partner to business leaders on all people matters. Anticipates and assesses people priorities through the business/people planning process, needs assessment, and action planning in collaboration with business leaders. Navigate and collaborate with the broader HR team to provide expertise-based recommendations and value-add solutions. Maintain a high level of business acumen through a strong understanding of business and HR priorities (business strategy, financials, company direction, etc.).
- Lead the Human Resources function on campus.
- Understand local and national business strategy, along with the associated needs and challenges, and provide innovative solutions and recommendations to business leaders.
- Articulate clear business cases and return on investment for proposed changes.
- Blend local campus requirements with national strategic direction.
- Operate and enable company strategy of service, growth, and optimization.
- Ensure strong performance of all HR specialty areas: compensation and benefits practices, systems integrity, operational performance, talent acquisition, and talent development.
- Engage in financial planning with business leaders, including key partnership on budgeting and planning process.
- Understand and plan for the business implications of evolving internal demands and external market conditions. Consult with business leaders to develop and implement solutions.
- Help leaders translate strategic view to tactical application.
- Provides insights and advice and a compelling case, not just data, to support decision making and lead change when necessary.
- Collaborate across broader network of HR experts to provide well rounded advice and comprehensive solutions and/or deliverables.
- Influence decisions by building strong stakeholder relationships and partnerships.
- Participate and contribute in leadership, financial and business planning meetings.
- Ensure Human Resources function on campus operates efficiently, through simplified process and self-service functionality for transactional tasks.
- Enable employee and manager self service operations, through training, education, and awareness.
- Proactively engage in workforce planning exercises by understanding what is happening in the business. Anticipate needs, study seasonal trends, and translate expected staffing needs through intake process with manager into defined vacancies to be filled. Seamlessly fill vacancies utilizing a variety of talent acquisition techniques such as social media, school partnerships, pipelining talent, employee referrals, internal talent development.
- Create campus accountability to standard Human Resources process and order of operations, such as payroll, Workday transactions, self-service, recruitment, etc.
- Continuously improve on standard metrics, such as turnover, time to fill, cost of HR per employee, Workers Compensation claims management, employee engagement score, unemployment claims management, employee litigation, data integrity audits.
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through strong record keeping processes, including meeting requirements for annual survey, complaint surveys, state inspections, mock surveys, etc.
- Keep up with trends and new regulations such as state law, minimum wage laws, federal laws, etc. Additionally, healthcare related industry trends, such as Department of Health Services and the like.
- Ensure data integrity and system integrity in HR Systems.
- Continuously improve and optimize process. Make recommendations for improvement to Corporate Office.
Talent and Organization Development
- Reduce employee relations issues by cultivating a positive work environment, with excellent leaders, that enables an engaged employee experience.
- Improve employee engagement, as evidenced by reduction in employee relations issues / complaints and an increase in engagement score.
- Improve quality and performance of workforce through targeted actions, such as improved interviewing and selection processes, high potential identification and development, positioning right talent in right places at right times, building a culture of accountability, etc.
- Utilize courses and tools from the Learning Management System to close skills gaps.
- Coach and influence the business leaders to create career and growth pathways for leaders and employees; foster a growth-oriented environment.
- Utilize tools such as career ladders and Individual Development Plans, to aid in development efforts.
- Facilitate vendor relationships to grow larger talent pools and partnerships for pipelining talent in collaboration with Corporate Office.
- Keep a tab on the pulse of the people by leveraging various sources and drive effective programs that continue to improve engagement and the people experience.
- Advise leaders on ways to reinforce and strengthen culture, community and engagement.
- Partner with business leaders on issue identification, action planning, and engagement initiatives.
Change Ownership and Leadership
- Prepare and guide campus leaders and employees through change.
- Communicate and be a champion for change initiatives for the campus and also raise up national level opportunities to Corporate Office.
- Partner with campus leaders and employees to navigate through change process, and ensure sustainability.
- Create message maps or utilize other communication tools and strategy, to ensure strong communication with employees.
Workforce Planning and Management
- Understand business landscape and capacity (supply/demand) to serve as an advisor in relation to labor utilization, staffing levels, and headcount planning.
- Provide information and insights to relevant stakeholders around managing effective staff utilization, ensuring the right team structures and right distribution of skills to support growth.
- Support team sizing, alignment and succession planning.
- Maintain an understanding of business pipeline through strong connection with business leaders, larger HR team, and finance team.
- Provide recommendations on team structure and hiring needs based on headcount imbalances or to enable other company priorities (like, overtime and agency reduction).
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Required Degree: Bachelors
Preferred Degree: Masters or MBA
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
- 8+ years' experience in Human Resources
- 5+ years leadership experience
- Process improvement experience
- Strong technical experience and depth in Human Resources, including application of employment laws.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Excellent skill in both the hard and soft skills required in Human Resources field.
- Strong drive for results: self-starter with vision and the ability to follow through with ideas.
- Computer proficiency. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- In-depth communication skills: ability to articulate ideas clearly and turn them into concise points with expected outcomes.
- Ability to work effectively in a heavily matrixed organization.
- Continuous improvement mindset with ability to identify needs and implement change.
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to establish key relationships with business leaders and develop strong credibility.
- Sound analytical acumen and ability to interpret business metrics, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to proactively and continually collaborate with the business and broader HR team.
- Experience in interfacing with international audiences and cross-office teams
- Strong project management and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and work across all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task while working against tight timelines
- Attention to detail and commitment to get things done, and getting them done well
- The majority of time is spent in an office setting. The position requires occasional handling of lightweight materials and physical ability to use the telephone, computer and keyboard, printer and other office equipment.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website