We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! The Director, Philanthropy is a key campus leadership position responsible for growing and managing the culture of philanthropy on their campus to advance the mission of Covenant Living Communities & Services. This is a resident facing role tasked with increasing all charitable giving for the campus. This includes annual funds, major gifts, and planned giving efforts. The role will optimize the charitable support of Covenant Living Communities.
Directs the identification, qualification, solicitation, and stewardship of annual, major and planned gift prospects/donors.
Manages and helps create a pool of prospects and donors with the capacity to give at the major gift level to create and grow the donor pipeline.
Serves as an active partner with the campus leadership team, collaborating to create gift opportunities that can have the greatest impact for the campus and Covenant Living Communities & Services.
Create and execute annual and long term strategic plan to ensure fundraising goals are met.
Timely input of all donor interactions into the CRM software.
Required Degree: Bachelor's degree required
- CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive) – either actively pursuing or maintaining
- Membership in AFP and a local / national planned giving professional society is preferred
- 3-5 years of comprehensive fundraising experience.
- Record of success in personally soliciting and closing gifts of $25,000+.
- Successful record of accomplishment in comprehensive campaign fundraising in senior living, higher education, and/or healthcare is preferred.
- Experience with major gift, planned giving, and annual giving is required.
- Experience with capital campaigns preferred.
- Familiar with donor cycle and moves management process in a CRM platform.
- General experience in healthcare and / or senior living environment preferred.
- People management and leadership experience is preferred.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Experience with BlackBaud CRM or similar donor management software.
- Profient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Exceptional presentation skills at resident level.
- Polished, professional demeanor and interpersonal skills to partner effectively with key stakeholders in a matrix environment. (Sales team, creative team, campus leaders, etc).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and organize long-term plans and execute those plans.
- Enthusiasm, a commitment to excellence, motivational ability, and the ability to successfully interact with high net-worth individuals and their families.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website