We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Sales Director. This position is responsible for the representation and direct sales for the continuing care retirement community. The Sales Director accomplishes this by developing action plans and implementing them to follow up on new leads, supervising the sales efforts of a sales team, and conducting direct sales for the residential apartments. The Sales Director acts as a department manager and is responsible for management duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Covenant Living Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Duties may include, but not be limited to, attendance at management meetings, and inter-disciplinary communication relative to the effective sales and operations of the Campus.
In this role, the Sales Director will:
- Oversee the sales department and individual team member performance.
- Hire, coach, monitor performance and evaluate sales staff on a regular basis.
- Responsible for discipline and termination when necessary.
- Under the direction of corporate sales and marketing leadership, establish the annual sales and marketing plan; develop sales and marketing budgets based on corporate parameters and implement activities within the plan.
- Meet or exceed the sales activity expectations as follows unless otherwise agreed to: 10 voice to voice call outs per day (new and prior to sale) 4 face to face appointments per week (new and prior to sale) 1 reservations per month
- Under the direction of corporate marketing consultants / leadership, review direct mail and other marketing mailings prior to printing.
- Work with designated corporate and local resources to implement advertising and other promotional campaigns as defined in the sales and marketing plan.
- Plan and implement open house events and prospect events.
- Identify new referral sources and potential lead-generating activities to meet the sales goals of the Campus. Implement church relations and networking activities.
- Participate in the daily sales activity to assure that monthly sales and marketing activity goals are met. This will include making telephone calls to the lead base, setting appointments, conducting tours and making presentations. Through the Call Tracking system for lead generation, inbound calls will be recorded and used to evaluate performance.
- Monitor the adherence to the established system and protocols for tracking leads.
- Process leads in a timely and appropriate manner as defined by the annual sales and marketing plan.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience and education.
Five years of professional experience, preferably in sales, senior living sales and marketing, or real estate. Of the 5 years, it is preferable that 2 of the years be in senior living sales and marketing.
Ability to relate to the public in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Tact and possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal, English), and be able to communicate effectively with administration, staff, residents and others with whom this position has contact.
- Self-motivated and creative, possessing a high degree of interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to the public in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing concepts with senior adults and an understanding of retirement community lifestyle is necessary.
- Understanding and knowledge of the concept of continuing care retirement community is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts while enabling others to visualize a life at a Covenant Living.
- Comfortable working in and representing a Covenant Living, faith-based senior living community. Able to represent the values of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
- Sales and marketing ability
- Good communication and written skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Knowledge of the elderly and their needs
- A sincere desire to be of service to elderly residents and their families
- Courtesy and tact when dealing with potential residents and their family members
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Credibility, maturity and enthusiasm
- Ability to identify clients' needs
- Support for the concept of a continuing care retirement community.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website