We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! We are INSPIRED TO SERVE! Come join us! Covenant Living at Windsor Park, part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities, is seeking a Life Enrichment Coordinator in our Skilled Nursing unit. The purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate, assist and implement a full life enrichment program and volunteer program, as well as maintaining and updating on-campus communication.
In this role, The Life Enrichment Coordinator will:
- Collaborate with the Skilled Nursing Activities Director in the planning, implementation and facilitation of social and recreational programs in Skilled Nursing.
- Program include structured individual and group activities and facilitating resident-led events and activities.
- Ensure all social and recreational programming guidelines are in accordance with CL's LifeConnect® philosophy.
- Document resident participation and update care plans as assigned.
- Support and assist in the marketing of programs to the community and staff.
- Plan for and escort residents to events outside the facility such as family visits, educational outings, special trips, musical performances, and other off-campus trips while remaining in compliance with Covenant Living Policy.
- Collaborate with the Activities Director in the coordination of the resident and community volunteer program.
- Develop and direct the volunteer program, including recruiting, scheduling, and coordinating volunteers for the campus.
- Coordinate with other departments in the planning, implementation and facilitation of events.
- Periodically, this position will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing larger-scale events.
- Utilize other methods of formal communication to residents and staff (such as the monthly newsletter, information board, etc.) appropriately. Provide newsletter editing as needed.
- Stay current with trends in the field of recreational programming for older adults and assure that Covenant Living standards for activity programs are met or exceeded.
- Provide welcome and orientation as new residents move-in.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, preferred.
- Training or experience in activities, crafts, recreation or a related field.
- Experience in working with senior adults and in retirement community or similar operations.
- Must have a current Illinois driver's license and a good driving record for transporting residents to off-campus activities.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the LifeConnect Profile software and campus TV software is essential.
- Possess excellent communication skills (English, oral and written) with poise and confidence in personal contact with residents, staff, and/or the general public.
- Highly motivated individual who demonstrates organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills. Initiative and the ability to follow through are essential.
- Ability to understand the needs of the aging adult. Must demonstrate an understanding of customer service.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website