We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Making a difference in the lives of others – that's what working at Covenant Living is all about. Our healthcare professionals have the opportunity each and every day to make a difference in the lives of older adults. From improving our residents' quality of life, to creating peace of mind for them and their families, our team members know that as a part of our community, they are changing lives. Covenant Living, the nation's sixth-largest nonprofit senior living provider, is seeking qualified candidates for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses (LPNs/LVNs) to help in fulfilling our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for our residents and their families by creating a better way of life. Join our organization, where teamwork, respect, and service is part of our everyday environment and build your health care career in a supportive, faith-based community. Positions are available in assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care.
This position to ensure that quality care is delivered through monitoring of staff performance, physician contact, care planning and daily resident observation. This position also provides direct care to residents. All this is done according to nursing standards of practice, standard procedures, and established State and Federal regulations for skilled nursing facilities
In this role, the Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse will:
- Assist routine daily direction and monitor the work of the nursing assistants on the unit, assuring a high standard of nursing care and satisfactory completion of tasks.
- Assist in the orientation of new LPN/LVNs and nursing assistants and reinforce training standards to maintain a high quality of care.
- Provide explanation of nursing procedures and assistance to staff to assure ongoing understanding and training.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Nurse Manager or Director of Nursing regarding observations, and suggestions of problem areas, resident and employee activities, concerns, needs, conditions, etc.
- Observe and evaluate residents' health, mental and emotional conditions and communicate significant changes to appropriate staff. When indicated is responsible for notifying the physician and family members according to prescribed procedures.
- Provide direct patient care as appropriate including, but not limited to, procedures such as catheter placement and care, colostomy care, suction, dressings, naso-gastric tubes and other treatments.
- Participate in report at the beginning and end of shifts to assure proper information about residents is communicated.
- Assist in the admission, orientation, and observation of new residents, assure that physician orders for diets, therapy, medication, etc. are transcribed and communicated according to procedure.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate of an approved school of licensed practical/vocational nursing.
- Current license, in good standing, as an LPN/LVN in the State.
- One year nursing experience.
- Devotion to standards and principles of professional nursing.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website