We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Making a difference in the lives of others – that's what working at CovenantCare at Home is all about. Our healthcare professionals have the opportunity each and every day to make a difference in the lives of older adults. From improving quality of life, to creating peace of mind for them and their families, our team members know that as a part of our community, they are changing lives. CovenantCare at Home is seeking qualified candidates for an Occupational Therapist to help in fulfilling our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for our clients and their families by creating a better way of life. Join our organization, where teamwork, respect, and service is part of our everyday environment and build your health care career in a supportive, faith-based community.
- Evaluate patient's functional status (muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, self care ability, work capacity, etc.). Evaluate home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living. Identify equipment needs. Participate in the development of the total plan of care.
- Develop treatment program and establish goals for improved function. Communicates plan of care to referring physician and other Organization professionals.
- May teach new skills or retrain patient in once familiar daily activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in accordance with Organization policy.
- May fabricate splints and instruct patient in the use of various types of adaptive equipment to improve function.
- Instruct patient's family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in patient's treatment regime when indicated and appropriate.
- Participate in discharge planning for patient.
- Bachelors or Masters program degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institution.
- Registered with the National Registration Examination of the American Occupational Therapy Association (OTR).
- Meet all State licensing requirements.
- At least one year of clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Valid Drivers License with an automobile that is insured in accordance with organizational requirements and is in good working order.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website