We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! The SAIDO Master, which will be located in Cleveland, Ohio, is responsible for the training, implementation and ongoing oversight of SAIDO Learning within Covenant and external Sublicensee communities. The SAIDO Master is also responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of SAIDO Learning with the goal of impacting persons with dementia, their families, and staff across the nation.
- Work proactively with all SAIDO communities, identifying successes and challenges, acting as a coach, guide, mentor and strategic partner to ensure quality programs.
- Conduct on-site community visits per the established roll-out plan and thereafter to assess SAIDO program and training needs.
- Provide individual consultation and program recommendations to support Chief Lead Supporters and Lead Supporters on an ongoing basis.
- Coach communities on strategies for increasing and optimizing program participation levels.
- Coach communities to deploy program and establish participation across all departments on campus.
- Effectively communicate with Executive Director and Leadership the status of the SAIDO program in their community and make recommendations for enhancement.
- Educate and assist Advancement Team in understanding SAIDO Learning, its benefits to the residents and families and how it enhances the care that the community gives.
- Conduct monthly Skype meetings with Lead Support Teams to assess quality, provide updates, and address challenges.
- Lead monthly networking calls allowing for positive sharing, problem-solving, ongoing education.
- Utilizing a train-the-trainer format, plan and conduct Lead Supporter and Supporter training sessions for SAIDO Sublicensees based on the content in the training manuals.
- Direct and supervise the organization and distribution of monthly training reports and administrative paperwork to Japan KLT team for Covenant Living and SAIDO Sublicensees.
- Gather diagnostic scores on a timely basis from each community and create case studies.
- Submit and share compelling SAIDO success stories monthly, both verbally and in writing.
- Assist the IT Department with the management and ongoing enhancement of the SAIDO Database.
Required Degree: High School diploma
Preferred Degree: Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years experience with dementia, ageing, and long-term care living.
- 3+ years experience as a manager or leader, working with team outcomes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Strong drive for results: self-starter with vision and the ability to follow through with ideas.
- Integrity and recognition of confidentiality needs and laws.
- Ability to tell stories with an understanding of their impact on others.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask.
- In-depth customer service and customer focus mindset and skills.
- Computer proficiency. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to recognize and solve problems, lead SAIDO teams toward outcomes, and generate results.
- Proven leadership skills, with ability to identify strengths and weaknesses in teams and create opportunities for staff development.
- In-depth communication skills: ability to present material orally and in writing in an articulate and concise manner; ability to listen and process others' points of view and act in accordance with SAIDO principles and philosophy.
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal skills: behavioral maturity; ability to show compassion and create trust.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to gather information, categorize it, and create impactful presentations.
- Travel up to 50%
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website