We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nationwide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Covenant Living is seeking a Gate Attendant. This position is responsible for security of the campus, all campus vehicles, residents and staff. Security responsibilities are to police the buildings and grounds and respond to all emergencies on the campus during the security shift.
In this role, the Security Guard/Gate Attendant will:
- Respond to emergency call system.
- Evaluate the need to notify any on-call personnel when necessary and follows designated procedures supporting on-call personnel as required.
- In emergency situations, calls 911 and ensures connection with responding emergency personnel.
- Check and secures all security equipment, completes scheduled patrols of entire campus.
- Check and secure all exterior doors in all buildings.
- Be on alert and is to challenge any/all trespassers on campus property.
- Responsible for monitoring all vehicle traffic and help maintain all of traffic policies.
- Have knowledge about and familiarizes self with the entire campus, equipment areas, campus phone system, emergency fire equipment/panels, emergency pendant system and follows all appropriate procedures.
- Have familiarity with utility shut-off locations, and able to reset HVAC chiller system, when not operating. In addition, familiar with fire detector indicator panel locations and understands shut-off techniques and panel reset procedures.
- Write and distribute appropriate reports for all incidents.
- Report all safety hazards and writes appropriate maintenance requests into the WorxHub software program.
- Provide maintenance/housekeeping services at the direction of any leadership staff, on an emergency basis.
- Provide non-emergency residential services that do not conflict with the main security purpose.
- Must be flexible to cover overnight shift when needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education.
- Two years experience in security or other related work preferred.
- Current state driver's license (CDL preferred) and a good driving record.
- First aid certification and to have experience in emergency medical situations.
- Ability to read and write in English, to communicate with the other employees and residents.
- Good interpersonal skills, project a friendly personality, understand customer service and team building concepts, and have the ability to work with people, especially the elderly.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Good observational skills are required.
- Ability to work under conditions that require flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing conditions.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website