We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Dining Room Supervisor. This position is accountable for providing supervision and direction for the dining room wait staff in order to assure organized, efficient and pleasant dining for the residents. Additionally, this position is to facilitate the greeting and seating of residents as they enter the dining room for dinner. It is essential that this be done in a consistent fashion and in such a way that is sets a positive tone for the entire meal period.
In this role, the Dining Room Supervisor will:
- Supervises and schedules all wait staff, wt attendants, the relief dining room supervisor and dishwashers following the master schedule developed by the Dining Services Director.
- Works with the Dining Services Director to hire, evaluate, discipline and terminate dining room staff.
- Directs the orientation and training of dining room staff.
- Sets up work station assignments for wait staff.
- Assigns duties to staff as needed.
- Maintains awareness of flow service in order to keep all sections evenly seated.
- Recognizes the need to join in on service when necessary.
- Monitors service to assure consistent high quality is maintained.
- Provides input to the director and production unit regarding resident meal service, resident satisfaction, guest meal reservations, and tray service.
- Coordinates all resident meal requests; records reservations; plans seating arrangements; keeps accurate records of meal counts.
- Enters billing information in the Horizon point of service system.
- Provides menu information to residents and wait staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
High School diploma.
Prior experience working in dining service is preferred.
Additional education and training in management is desirable.
Minimum age is 18.
Genuine desire to understand the needs of and work among a geriatric population.
Ability to supervise and direct others in close harmony with a variety of age groups especially students and the elderly.
Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal, English), and the ability to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in a professional and prompt manner.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
For more information about Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website