We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic, Semi Skilled. This position will be responsible for providing semi-skilled maintenance services to keep the facility buildings, grounds, and equipment in good repair. In so doing, significant contributions are made to the safety, well-being and comfort of residents and employees.
In this role, the Maintenance Mechanic, Semi Skilled will:
- Complete assigned work requests procedures and assigned preventative maintenance work orders as assigned by supervisor or department director such as, but not limited to: appliance repair, light carpentry work, routine motor vehicle maintenance, routine plumbing repair, routine repairs on heating/air conditioning, low voltage applications, swimming pools, fire alarms in accordance with Holmstad procedures and industry acceptable standards. On occasion and as needed may need to provide Housekeeping services.
- Prolonged standing, walking, bending and stooping; lifting and carrying heavy objects on level surfaces and/or stairways, on ladders and on scaffolding up to 20' high.
- Inspects facilities, systems and their components for the purpose of ensuring safety and cleanliness, and identifying necessary repairs.
- Must be able to use a variety of hand tools and small power tools and other power tools. Maintains tools and/or equipment for ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition
- Requires general labor and responsibility for event set-ups, deliveries and moves.
- Basic understanding and care of buildings, must be a good steward of the tools and property given for completing work orders. Must be able to troubleshoot building and equipment issues as they arise. .
- Willingness to learn and expand trade knowledge of maintenance and facilities.
- Assist other maintenance staff as needed.
- Have availability to be included in the on-call schedule.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience required.
- Valid Illinois Driver's License and good driving record.
- Basic skill in a multitude of the following areas: auto/small engine mechanics, carpentry, appliance repair, plumbing, electrical, emergency generators, low voltage applications, swimming pools, fire alarms, valves, fixtures, alarms, locks.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and ability to work independently to complete assignments in required time. An ability to recognize problems and implement the appropriate solution.
- Able to create and maintain inventory and part supplies.
- Work requires physical effort and manual dexterity. Must be able to lift 70 pounds.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written in English and the ability to interact with residents and staff in a pleasant manner.
- Interest in and desire to work with older adults.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website