We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Field Support Engineer. This position is responsible for providing first point of contact for comprehensive IT service and support of PC desktops, laptops, printers, application software, etc. This position also supports facility related technologies such as IP based security systems, telephony, time keeping, networking, inter-networking devices, AV and other technologies. The position also provides general support to other staff in information technology and other service areas of Covenant Living Services and Communities. This position is assigned to one of the campuses; a campus may have between 40 and 100 workstations and supports about 200 users residing in 8 to 15 buildings. The Field Support Engineer is a proficient technical customer service representative that can provide a broad range of services, both directly to the end-user community as well as to Central Office IT Staff. This Engineer is typically the only IT staff on a campus.
In this role, the Field Support Engineer will:
- Managing the day to day work order flow of the IT related issues of the local community.
- Working with all levels of customer including residents, executive management, IT management, etc.
- Managing the customer' support experience with a goal of maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Proactively seeking out issues before they become problems.
- Attending and participating in campus operations meetings as the representative of IT.
- Managing assigned projects and conducting research.
- Preparing written and verbal reports of activity and issues for IT management.
- Providing status information of work orders for customers proactively.
- Having a genuine concern for the comfort and well being of our residents.
- Becoming an SME in one or more technical areas.
- Providing backup support to Field Support Engineers at other Covenant Living communities.
- Assisting in maintaining and documenting IT related policies and procedures.
- Managing vendor relationships.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field, preferred.
- Network+ and A+ Certification or better required.
- Five years minimum related experience in technical IT support position.
- Substantial knowledge of PC hardware, Windows OS's, printers, Citrix and basic networking, required.
- Excellent customer service skills and a desire to maximize customer satisfaction, required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct oversight, required.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, required.
- Willingness to fully document all activity on a daily basis, required.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website