We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! The Executive Administrative Assistant provides senior executive level support and assistance for executive leaders of Covenant Retirement Communities (CRC) and is accountable for planning and directing administrative and operational activities for the organizations executive leaders. The position acts as a point of contact between top management, employees, and other stakeholders. It provides management and logistical oversight and guidance to identified critical projects. It relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of latitude is expected. The position interacts regularly with CRC vice presidents, national directors and campus leadership. The hours for this position are 8am-4:30pm.
In this role, the Executive Administrative Assistant will:
- Perform high level technical and administrative work supporting executive level leaders and their direct reports.
- Structure, organizes and expedites the activities and workload of the executive leader's office. Serves as a gatekeeper to the executive leader to help manage and protect his/her time.
- Manage all aspects of the executive leader's calendar for internal and external meetings, with particular attention to the details of the executive leader's schedule. This requires careful tracking of commitments, prioritizing meeting requests and accommodating daily changes to the schedule. The objective is to keep the leader on track in the midst of competing demands and shifting priorities.
- Maintain basic executive level operations (material, procedures, information flow) during on-site and in absence of the executive leader, assuring continuity.
- Collaborate with the senior leader on proactive preparation of meetings -- developing draft agendas, gathering and posting materials, reserving meeting space, assuring technology is reserved and present (laptops, scheduling video or audio calls, etc.), assuring that meals are provided when requested. Adds meetings to individual and corporate calendars as appropriate/requested.
- Communicate and/or coordinates the executive leader's instructions with various individuals or departments. Furnishes and obtains information from other senior leadership. Handles confidential and/or sensitive information with high discretion.
- Obtain and furnish information on behalf of the executive leader. Ensures executive leaders are kept informed of all significant issues on a consistent and regular basis.
- Read, research and route correspondence while maintaining security and confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Manage work in multiple technical applications including word processing, database management, spreadsheets, graphics and presentation software, electronic calendar, email, and other technical applications.
- Compose emails, letters, reports and memos for the executive leader's review for distribution to the executive and leadership teams, department staff and others.
- Record meeting discussions by attending meetings and recording key discussions and conclusions. Reviews, assesses, routes, answers and monitors follow-up action steps.
- Prepare reports, presentations, documents, etc. based on general instructions. Gathers and analyzes information required for administrative reporting.
- Maintain relevant databases and related records. Review reports, presentations, documents, etc. for accuracy. Distributes information and materials as required.
- Independently plans and executes events, activities and meetings.
- May provide support for multiple leaders.
- As needed, assist in providing support in covering the front desk, distribution of incoming and outgoing mail and UPS, timely distribution of campus mail, distribution of faxes, answering incoming telephone calls and directing callers as appropriate.
- Provide other back-up administrative support as directed.
- Participate in special work groups and projects as directed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- College degree preferred, or an equivalent of education plus experience.
- Five - ten years' experience in an administrative assistant role or similar position supporting VP level.
- Experience supporting multiple senior leadership members.
- Excellent inter-personal relationship skills.
- Maintain confidentiality and demands accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with experience providing complex administrative support in a high-profile environment with tact and diplomacy.
- Highly proficient in verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with a variety of people and personalities.
- Initiative and the ability to follow through are essential.
- Highly proactive resourceful team player with the ability to be effective independently, with little direction.
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy is essential.
- Solid working knowledge of office processes, and of related computer software and electronic communications tools.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and expertise with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential.
- Familiarity with Continuing Care Retirement Communities or other retirement communities systems is a plus.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website