We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking an activity coordinator
The purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate, assist and implement a full life enrichment program and volunteer program in the health center as well as maintaining and updating on-campus communication.
In this role, The Activity Coordinator will:
- Ensure that an ongoing program of Life Enrichment activities are in place that addresses the physical, mental, psychosocial and spiritual well-being needs of each resident in Skilled Nursing in compliance with state and Federal regulations.
- Provide activities meaningful to the residents at various times throughout every day and evening based on each resident's need and preference
- Create and manage Activities department budget; approve and reconcile purchases.
- Ensure that all assessments for the residents of Skilled Nursing are completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement a Life Enrichment activity program to address the needs of residents in assigned level of care.
- Maintain current list of residents not physically able to participate in programs and activities.
- Assure appropriate staff attend care plan meetings, and integrate a Life Enrichment program and activity plan with the interdisciplinary patient care plan for each resident.
- Assure that patients' health records contains appropriate documentation, including Minimum Data Set, initial assessments and quarterly reports, as required by state and Federal regulations.
- Attend staff meetings and supervisor meetings, and coordinate Life Enrichment schedule with other resident services.
- Review and evaluate policies and procedures for Life Enrichment program.
- Evaluate and purchase supplies and equipment necessary to implement Life Enrichment programs; Ensure that supplies and equipment are available and stored properly.
- Oversee bulletin boards, preparation of materials and distribution of calendar of events for activities in Heath Care, coordinating with Resident Life Director.
- Observe residents' conditions, including mental state, general well-being and changes in physical condition, and report to supervisor and other staff as appropriate.
- Provide in-service training annually, or more often as needed, for all staff to assist in implementation of programs.
- Transport residents to and from programs and activities; Accompany residents on outside trips and activities.
- Assist with setup, decorating and serving for special all-campus Life Enrichment events.
- Run errands for supplies during work hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will have:
- High School graduate
- Qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional eligible for certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist
- Minimum of AA Degree in Recreational Therapy or related Human Service field, or relevant activity certification.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the LifeConnect Profile software and campus TV software is essential.
- Possess excellent communication skills (English, oral and written) with poise and confidence in personal contact with residents, staff, and/or the general public.
- Highly motivated individual who demonstrates organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills. Initiative and the ability to follow through are essential.
- Ability to understand the needs of the aging adult. Must demonstrate an understanding of customer service.
- Ability to meet state and Federal requirements as delineated in assisted living regulations.
- Two years' experience in running and implementing activities programs for geriatric population.
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English is necessary.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems using creative non-routine techniques.
- Understanding of the mission of Covenant Shores and Covenant Retirement Communities.
- CPR/First Aid Certification required.
- Availability on some weekends and holidays, or on days and shifts other than those for which hired.
- Valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must pass pre-hire background check and drug screen.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website