We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Driver. This position is accountable for providing safe and timely transportation for campus residents and staff and for providing support services as required.
In this role, the Driver will:
- Transport residents to and from scheduled and emergency appointments and provide transportation for Circuit bus, planned activities, and group trips as schedule allows availability. Transportation may be scheduled for days, evenings, or weekends.
- Operate the assigned vehicles under a variety of road and weather conditions in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate the vehicle in such a way that safety and comfort of the resident is of major importance.
- Communicate with receptionist to determine time and place for initial pick up of each rider.
- Aid in the safe transfer to and from vehicle where conditions warrant special help.
- Handle use of the mobile telephone in a quick and safe manner (using Bluetooth or speaker phone) to receive "ready for pick up" reports and to determine most efficient use of time in planning driving routes.
- Communicate problems or issues related to transportation including incidents and indications of changes in resident's condition.
- Check lights, gauges, switches, etc. for proper operation. Clean all mirrors, windows, and lights to ensure unobstructed vision and a safe vehicle. Perform other safety checks as needed.
- Handle many different types of errands for office staff which involve transportation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Six months previous related driving experience with knowledge of roads, both local and surrounding communities.
- Valid CDL driver's license in the State and excellent driving record.
- If driving a campus bus, valid Class B Commercial drivers license in good standing.
- Knowledge of all safety precautions and procedures and ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate of resident's comfort, safety, security and belongings.
- Knowledge of general vehicle maintenance.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written in English.
- Genuine compassion for elderly and disabled and ability to interact with resident in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Knowledge of lifting techniques, first aid, etc.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website