We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!
At Covenant Village of Colorado, our commitment to love, compassion and faith is at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of older adults by creating joy and peace of mind for our residents and their families. Thanks to the dedication of our team, together we are able to create a welcoming environment that's more than just a community of people—it's a place our residents are proud to call home and our team members are proud to work in.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you'll provide nursing care, administer medications and treatments according to physician orders. You will be joining a team that supports and build genuine relationships with each other through respect, encouragement, and teamwork. We also know how to have fun and offer great perks, such as Employee Appreciation Parties, Nurse Week, Birthday Breakfast Celebrations, Halloween Costume Competitions, Employee Recognition Programs, Meal Discounts and more!
This position will work in our Assisted Living facility Thursday - Monday 11:30am - 8:00pm
In this role, the Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Assists with routine supervision of staff.
- Assists in the orientation of new RCA/QMAP and reinforces training standards to maintain a high quality of care.
- Communicates on a regular basis with the Assisted Living Manager regarding observations, suggestions of problem areas, resident and employee activities, concerns, etc.
- Observes and evaluates resident's medical, mental and emotional conditions and communicates significant changes to appropriate staff. When indicated, is responsible for notifying the physician, and family members of changes.
- Responsible for security of medications within the facility. Prepares, administers and records medications according to physicians' orders. Ensures the inventory of medications, re-ordering as needed. Counts and records controlled substances. This position is also responsible to notify the physician when resident's prescriptions are expiring.
- Monitors Medication Administration Records (MARS) for changes and accuracy.
- Ensures physician's written and verbal orders are complete and promptly documented, communicated and care planned appropriately.
- Assists in the admission, orientation and assessment, transfer and discharge of residents.
- Administers emergency care as appropriate.
- Maintains clinical charts (Vision Software) care plans (Lifeconnect Software) and medication records and other medical and department records
- Responds to calls / pages from residents and staff; makes rounds and checks on safety and security of residents.
- Assists residents with daily activities. This includes, but is not limited to bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Assists with laundry, bed making, and light housekeeping.
- Assists dining staff with serving meals in the dining room, ensuring resident's attendance and observes residents while eating.
- Ensures the safety and security of patients through the proper use of equipment, safety devices and by knowing and following fire, safety and disaster procedures.
- Communicates with other department supervisors, physicians, consultants, staff, residents and families to coordinate care of residents.
- Attends in-service programs and seminars to further professional growth.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Graduated from an approved school of nursing.
- Current license, in good standing, as an LPN/LVN in the state of Colorado.
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Minimum of two years nursing experience.
- 1-2 years in geriatric nursing, preferred but not required.
Tell your friends about us!
If you know someone who would make a great addition to our team, or would like to have a friend apply with you, please tell them about us and ask them to apply!
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Apply on company website